Quantcast

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
In the dirt highlights video what the first full song and the start piece on each video what that song too?

Kingswood

Chimp
Feb 27, 2005
I just found this quote from Sam Hill's mother-in-law-to-be

Just thought I'd update people on Sam Hill.

Everyone who saw his race run would have seen him side-swipe that tree... hard. Result: a damaged rotator cuff in his right shoulder and a couple of displaced vertebrae. OUCHIES! He was in a lot of pain but still managed 2nd.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
i like how Hill wouldnt shake Blenkinsop's right hand, so he switched to his left....what a tool.
someone should shave his eyebrows when he's sleeping
:plthumbsdown:

I just found this quote from Sam Hill's mother-in-law-to-be
Originally Posted by Cranx
Just thought I'd update people on Sam Hill.

Everyone who saw his race run would have seen him side-swipe that tree... hard. Result: a damaged rotator cuff in his right shoulder and a couple of displaced vertebrae. OUCHIES! He was in a lot of pain but still managed 2nd.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Have you ever had a torn or stressed rotator cuff?

Shaking hands with someone during an enthusiastic moment is not exactly on the "fun to do" list

Think (and read fer chrissakes) before you go throwing accusations around.
why yes, ive torn two rotator cuffs and both times were severe. although i wasnt able to lift my arm above my shoulder, i was still able to shake someone's hand....w/ a wince
and if you look where hes holding the flowers, its at height high enough to shake someone's hand.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
why yes, ive torn two rotator cuffs and both times were severe. although i wasnt able to lift my arm above my shoulder, i was still able to shake someone's hand....w/ a wince
and if you look where hes holding the flowers, its at height high enough to shake someone's hand.
Flowers don't shake back.

I've had two separations, one dislocation, and one torn cuff. I can speak with absolute certainty that I ALWAYS used the other hand to greet people while these injuries were fresh.

You honestly seem to be the only person that really cares about this enough to form an opinion about the guy's character. For all you know hill could have even explained to him that his shoulder was hurting. Find something else to be unhappy about. And rejoice that you're man enough to shake hands with a fvcked up shoulder. Not everyone can be that manly. I typically try to avoid pain over something as trivial as a hand shake. That's just me though.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Flowers don't shake back.

I've had two separations, one dislocation, and one torn cuff. I can speak with absolute certainty that I ALWAYS used the other hand to greet people while these injuries were fresh.

You honestly seem to be the only person that really cares about this enough to form an opinion about the guy's character. For all you know hill could have even explained to him that his shoulder was hurting. Find something else to be unhappy about. And rejoice that you're man enough to shake hands with a fvcked up shoulder. Not everyone can be that manly. I typically try to avoid pain over something as trivial as a hand shake. That's just me though.
really? i thought flowers gave the feminine half closed hand shake.

and he's done similar things in the past when he didnt win. it seems everyone put their arms around each other for the pics, except for ol' bushy brows.
and i dont find a handshake really trivial. he doesnt seem to be in any pain, and if he is then he is more manly then me, but yet he can still ride with his shoulder problem.
and dont worry, i have plenty of things to be unhappy about.

if you dont like my opinion, well too bad.
opinion are like asholes, we all have em

Last edited:

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
Arkayne....I'm kinda disappointed. There are 3 grabasses happening at the same time and you only managed to uncover 1!!!
I've a 3 wk old baby and things have been slow in the batcave lately. :)

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
you think thats good sportsmanship on Hill's behalf????? god forbid the almighty Hill looses a race! oh no!
Aside from the obvious case that's been stated, have you thought about what it'd be like to be in his shoes? I will admit readily that even if I had what it took in terms of physical skill and strength to ride at the same level as those guys, I really doubt I'd manage the mental side of things. For Hill, having a season like 2007, and going through a season like 2008... well personally I'd have to say that I'd be somewhat heartbroken, and I'd be proud of myself if I managed to smile and shake anyone's hand after that, let alone with damaged rotator cuff and vertebrae.

But congratulations, what you lack in WC winning ability, you seem to more than make up in ignorance. :)

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
yeah sam hill is great. but do we really need to beat him to death. it seems so many people are so quick to blame him for something he does wrong and point out his flaws, and when he wins the next race they are leading up the fanclub. he's only human. whatever happened to him on the track, and how badly it affected him we don't really know. just put it to rest already!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Aside from the obvious case that's been stated, have you thought about what it'd be like to be in his shoes? I will admit readily that even if I had what it took in terms of physical skill and strength to ride at the same level as those guys, I really doubt I'd manage the mental side of things. For Hill, having a season like 2007, and going through a season like 2008... well personally I'd have to say that I'd be somewhat heartbroken, and I'd be proud of myself if I managed to smile and shake anyone's hand after that, let alone with damaged rotator cuff and vertebrae.

But congratulations, what you lack in WC winning ability, you seem to more than make up in ignorance. :)
Bwahaha so brutally honest. I love it.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

im sure Peaty went through far more heartache than Hill has. Look how close he has come this year to winning the world champs and coming close to the wc overall....but yet he still manages to show some sportsmanship to the guy who won.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
im sure Peaty went through far more heartache than Hill has. Look how close he has come this year to winning the world champs and coming close to the wc overall....but yet he still manages to show some sportsmanship to the guy who won.
Isn't it strange how people differ?

Let it drop. You are just making yourself look like an idiot.