1 J Kitner
2 A Beerten
3 V Quinn
4 Horikova

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Damn Peaty rules, thats a good ole fashion SMOKIN time. Funny too since he told me last week when I said "good luck man" he replied with "ah screw it first world cup, time to party" haha
What bad ass.

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
Mens Results
1 1 Steve Peat Team Orange 2:25.791
2 9 Greg Minnaar Team G Cross Honda 2:28.668
3 2 Sam Hill Iron Horse Mad Catz 2:30.387
4 36 Mick Hannah Haro Bikes 2:30:398
5 3 Nathan Rennie Santa Cruz Syndicate 2:33.184
6 8 Fabien Barel Kona Les Gets 2:33.212
7 11 Matti Lehikoinen Team G Cross Honda 2:33.492
8 5 Mickael Pascal Maxxis-MSC 2:34.580
9 7 Gee Atherton Animal Giant 2:35.132
10 42 Bryn Atkinson GT Hyundai 2:35.649

Womens Results (TBC)
1. Jonnier
2. Moseley
3. Pruitt
4. Atherton

AlberTop

Monkey
Nov 30, 2004
South
heikkihall said:
Mens Results

Womens Results (TBC)
1. Jonnier
2. Moseley
3. Pruitt
4. Atherton
Peat rules!

10s diference from 10th.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
stiksandstones said:
Damn Peaty rules, thats a good ole fashion SMOKIN time. Funny to since he told me last week when I said "good luck man" he replied with "ah screw it first world cup, time to party" haha
What bad ass.
Peaty is indeed the man.

biker3

Turbo Monkey
konahucker43 said:
no peaty sucks, hills the man, and greg rules
Granted he's british and has disgusting teeth but whats he gunna do hes British. What has he ever done besides being the fastest and one of the coolest DHERs the past 8 years? You gotta respect him regardless, hes not cocky, he wins all the time and he has enough courtesy to choke on occasion just like at the world champs. Plus he rips all on a "sub par" bike.

I want pics.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
So freakin stoked right now! All my riders covering the top 10

Sabrina Jonnier wins the women's DH (Utopia)
Mick Hannah 4th (Utopia)
Nathan Rennie 5th (Utopia)

& not to mention Bryn Atkinsonrepresentin DylanDeanDesigns in the top 10! I'm extremely proud of how he's doing now! I'm pretty sure this is his first "real" top 10 in a true international dh racing (i'm not counting 'otter...though i'm stoked he got top 10 there too!). He's been marred w/ crashes in his final runs....now he's steppin it up & putting everything together! way to go bryn!

A

Achtung

biker3 said:
Granted he's british and has disgusting teeth but whats he gunna do hes British. What has he ever done besides being the fastest and one of the coolest DHERs the past 8 years? You gotta respect him regardless, hes not cocky, he wins all the time and he has enough courtesy to choke on occasion just like at the world champs. Plus he rips all on a "sub par" bike.

I want pics.
Sub par? Orange's are hot ish. :nope:

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Achtung said:
Sub par? Orange's are hot ish. :nope:
I was quoting a lot of peeps. I think they're are tight. Hell I ride a gemini which is pretty much the same minus the stiffness. Id rock an orange all day Im just meaning hes ridden pretty much the same bike for since 2001 or 2002 and absolutaly kicked ass. He doesnt need all the linkage nonsense he just hammers away.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
heikkihall said:
Mens Results

Womens Results (TBC)
1. Jonnier
2. Moseley
3. Pruitt
4. Atherton
What a surprise, it seems like it's the same 10 guys every World Cup.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Where can I find photos? I can never seem to find good media coverage of world cups, which is kind of lame considering they're the biggest events in our sport.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
911 said:
Where can I find photos? I can never seem to find good media coverage of world cups, which is kind of lame considering they're the biggest events in our sport.
There are a few reasons for that that i have tried to fix in the past - but no one bites.

1- Most magazines could not care less any more about race coverage, it doesn't pay the bills and costs major bank.

I used to provide freelance coverage to numerous large mags, but they all bailed and are only interested in feature type articles now. The ones who DO want to pay for coverage offer such a paltry rate it isn't worth the trouble.

2- The ones who do care are so small and hurting for $ that they cannot afford to send people to cover the events, therefore they do not get coverage. This goes double for websites when the coverage is actually timely, as opposed to 3 months late.

3- The uci itself does a super lousy job of covering its own events, as well as not being super media friendly. It is as if they WANT the event to fail (in the past this may have well been the case). Hopefully the new management will change this. I have put in a bid to do a new media friendly website with a section centered completely around the events and riders that make pro cycling what it is. Would be a one stop shop for a journalist to get race coverage, royalty free photos, rider bios etc. They coudlwrite a complete story without hunting.

Transcend will be live at 2 us nationals, 3 WCs and a few other select events, but we have a small budget to work with and no one is interested in sponsoring race coverage. All it would take is one company to drop a little coin and bingo - full in depth up to the minute coverage.

When i am at events, or someone is for me, up to the minute reports are what we take pride in and you can guarantee we will have first coverage...ie within 2 mins of the event end in many cases due to a system where i can txt results directly to the front page. Usually first pics and full story follow within 10 mins.

SlackBoy

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
biker3 said:
I was quoting a lot of peeps. I think they're are tight. Hell I ride a gemini which is pretty much the same minus the stiffness. Id rock an orange all day Im just meaning hes ridden pretty much the same bike for since 2001 or 2002 and absolutaly kicked ass. He doesnt need all the linkage nonsense he just hammers away.
Meh, he's just basically riding a San andreas/foes weasel with a better shock :evil:

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
WheelieMan said:
What a surprise, it seems like it's the same 10 guys every World Cup.
With few exceptions its true. Except this is Bryns first (hopefully of many top 10 finishes.) And this is Micks first top 10 in a while. Usually you could count on Cedric being in there. I wonder what happened to him.