Quantcast

World Cup Round 2: Germany

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
That 4x track is HUGE! Wow, that is bulldozer/bobcat size work there!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nice I can't beleive how long that place have come since I was there in 2002 and pretty cool they can build a WC DH and 4X track on that little mountain.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Nice, but what happens if/when you fall on that crushed gravel surface???? (I think that is what that is.) You better not have any exposed skin.

Hydraulicman

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
Belgium
Anyone going over there?

I'll be there just follow the trail of jupiler beer cans.

Willingen is indeed a small mountain, I also couldn't understand how they were going to build a WC worthy DH and 4X track, but it seems like the builders are doing a nice job.

The tracks will be permantent and had a total cost of 180.000€.
Willingen is gonna try to become the largest bike park of Germany:thumb: (it's the closest one from where I live ;))

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
sweet, :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: thats one huge long 4x track. whats that stuff on the 4x track anyways?
the dh course looks really fun but there seems to be a lack of tech sections?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
911 said:
What's that grey stuff they're coating the top of the track with?
It's a fine gravel. It won't tear you up as bad as dirt with embedded rocks.
They had some similar dirt on the BMX worlds track in Holland last year. It could rain and it would be rideable right after it stopped.
Obviously the Germans don't half-ass anything.

Hydraulicman

Monkey
Sep 25, 2001
Belgium
partsbara said:
yep... sayndesyn and i will be there friday - monday... look for a beat up old ford f150... or the weirdo in the aussie flag cape :)
I'll be with a overstickered ford galaxy. 24 logo on front hood.

I'll have a flag with me with this on, in support for our Belgian Nico Vink

And will be moving around with most of the time a can like this in my hand ;)

Weren't you the guy who went to winterberg the othertime that I was putting my dhr together? Perhaps we should meet up some time at Germany to ride.
Do you have msn or something? Otherwise PM me.

Grtz

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Looks excellent-and like I always say...It is awesome there even putting in an effort and "trying" to make something worthwhile, something you can not say for a US National. 'A' for effort germans!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
This is a quote from an email sent to a friend of mine from Phil Saxena, the guy who designed the track...
Cheers Mate, glad you liked it!

It`s probably the biggest I`ve ever built. It`s a kind of experiment too.
The
riders are aleways asking for bigger jumps and tracks in the style of the
DH BMX
at Woodward in the USA. The Willengen track is BIG just like Woodward. I`ve
built a split line so that you don`t have to do the big gaps so everyone
should
still be happy.

See you in Willengen,

Phil
I guess they got what they asked for.
Ill definitly be there...

aidanwray

Chimp
May 16, 2005
UK
the 4X track looks HUGE.

props to those crazy germans for doing so much good for the sport. permanent 4X and DH tracks, what could be better? sounds like theyre even getting the surfacing right and everything right.
well thought out, me likey!

EDIT: the DH course looks nice, but it seems abit smooth. anyone got any pics of more of the course

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Does anyone have any action/still pics of this bike? It's the Nuc TSTS GBoxx and Frank raced it to 16th place I think.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
Yo Partsbara and Hydro man.

Maybe i'll be there. Love to, but seeing people ride will make me want to ride too much. Chances are that i'll be off to bad wildbad after a few hours.
If not that, we'll have good fun with Beer bongs and a flood of Jupiler.

Best of all: with the new Winterberg track, the two baddest 4Xtracks in the world are just 20 km away from each other (winterberg) and that's just a 3 hour ride from my door........ ah, summer