Quantcast

World Cups free again on Freecaster!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
UCI apparently cares more about taking payoffs from Lance? (allegedly)

And like others said, please have a 'donate' button on the screen, because I will still pay more and more money to the cause.

cressa

Chimp
Nov 1, 2008
News flash - the uci does not give a **** about MTB and gives even less of a **** about DH.
This is all very strange. Never have I seen a group of like-minded individuals so blatantly offer up their hard-earned cash to improve a service and no one wants it?

I think it's great that a deal has been struck with the teams to fund Freecaster (or whatever the details are) but ultimately both freecaster and the UCI have turned their backs on the offer of money from fans?

I'm hoping that there isn't an attitude of "if they are not paying, they can't really complain about faults in the service". Because that would be sh*t!

Capricorn

Monkey
Jan 9, 2010
Cape Town, ZA
cressa: i doubt the return-to-free means a reduction in quality of service, albeit we will find out come Fort Bill.
However, if the UCI is short on cameras + crew, I dont see why our donations go toward funding that additional coverage. I dont care if UCI dont give a crap. They dont have to like it to agree, besides: from their perspective, it's free.

Anyone from freecaster want to comment on the possibility of negotiating extra cameras, but paid for via donations from the viewing public?

cressa

Chimp
Nov 1, 2008
Sorry, I wasn't meaning they would reduce the quality of the service, but there was a lot of dissatisfied customers after Maribor and if they were to continue to charge per view, they would be obliged to iron out the problems pronto (which I am sure they would be trying to do anyhow regardless of whether they charge or not).