Quantcast

World Junior hockey...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Am I the only Yank who cares? I have figured out the difference between US and Canadian hockey finally. Down by 3, with 2:00 left, and the US leaves goalie in, WITH A 5 ON 3 ALREADY! Hartsburg (Or any Canadian coach) would have pulled his goalie, knowing the pressure and criticism that would have been on him, playing for national pride and not going balls to the wall.
Me and the other American who care (Some guy in Ely MN) are pissed. Whe could have done better. But when its 20 teenagers against an entire nation, what can you do?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I was watching that game and couldn't figure it out. Who cares if you lose by 3 or 4? You still lose. At that point, you have to pull the goalie.

I was cheering for Canada, so I was happy to see that the US coach apparently got drunk before the third period...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I was watching that game and couldn't figure it out. Who cares if you lose by 3 or 4? You still lose. At that point, you have to pull the goalie.

I was cheering for Canada, so I was happy to see that the US coach apparently got drunk before the third period...
I didnt get it either. You are playing for pride at that point, you have to pull the goalie. They went out meekly, with no pride or passion whatsoever.
I hope the WJC will replace the Olympics as the premier showcase for young hockey talent. The Olympics are so over...

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
I'm hoping for a little more fight in the third period. Let's hope the Swede's stay out of the box, I would rather see a hard fought battle then a blow-out.

Go Canada!

I think it might be just you, or I'm not paying enough attention to the game.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Kinda questionable goal to win it...dont know how that would have help up under video reveiw...

But way to go Canada! Great game, great finish, way to battle!

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Thanks for the play-by-play monkeys. I will have a little more substance to throw my father's way on the weekly phonecall. I might even be able to trick him into thinking I watched the game.