Quantcast

world supermoto and last man standing...

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
world supermoto followed by last man standing(moto race) is on speed right now for anyone who is interested

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
wydopen said:
world supermoto followed by last man standing(moto race) is on speed right now for anyone who is interested
I gotta talk to my boss about getting a TV and satellite feed in my cube.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
the last man standing thing is supossed to be pretty insane...
i think its like the redbull thing they did in romania and austria..with pretty much unrideable hill climbs and descents and other not so fun sections....

only a few guys finished i guess but of course there is always that euro who rides the whole course without taking his feet off the pegs while everyone else flounders...

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
yup but its not the redbull event but one similar as far as i know

it was on two days ago and everyone said it was the "best motorsports race they have seen" i guess we will find out

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
wow this looks sick..(it just came on) i think there will be some smashed two smoke pipes today!!!!....

IT IS A REDBULL EVENT

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
The "last man standing" race was in Texas. The course looked insane on TV. I saw it on Sunday.

I was very impressed with how well some of the guys made it up the steep rocky hills. But I had to laugh at how timid some of them were on the technical decents. It is definatly easier to ride a DH bike downhill than a MX bike. But some of these guys were grabbing a handfull of front brake right before a drop. My 2 year old was constantly saying "uh oh, dadda, he fell off his mo mo (motorcycle)"

The show is definatly worth the time to watch it.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I watched the Last Man Standing this past Sunday on the Speed channel. It was awesome to watch. What a greuling event. It took skills and endurance to compete in that race. I thought some of the downhills (and uphills) would be fun on a bike.

toby

Sep 10, 2001
Damn... Wish I had been home Sunday to see that.... The Last Man Standing seems like it would be a killer.... A cool concept for sure.

Brian

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
Guy Cooper quit toward the end. Crazy Canadian trail rider Guy Parrot had a couple of highlights on his Husky!

That was pretty cool.

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
I was bummed to see cooper throw in the towel...i was suprised to see him on a thumper too.....my favorite shot in any movie ever was in terrafirma 3 when cooper and robbie renyard are ripping cooperland and Guy does that huge jump over a triple and lands down in the woods out of sight..he boosts it perfect..he must have been wide open on his rm250 to get enough speed for it...that was so sick, especially for '95 or whenever that was...

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
i have that movie and your right... that scene is so sick.. havent watched it in a while tho

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
cooper was throwing HUGE whips..he was almost 40 back then....

the opening scene is also one of my favorites with jonny campbell getting chased by the heli in the dez...first he is just wide open in the salt flat going over 100...then just attacks the open desert and is swapping over shrubs and lofting the front end at over 90mph..choosing lines as he goes on a xr 600