Quantcast

Worlds 2006 - Rotorua NZ

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So just figured I'd get this thread ready now as I will be doing a bunch of posting from phones and such and didn't want to have to set it up on my mobile.

I leave early tomorrow morning for Roturua to cover the event live. Should be a good time. 4x and DH racing is all next weeknd, but there is training throughout the week as well as some other special events that I will be attending (Including this weekend's SRAM camp).

Check back for reports and plenty of photos.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Akula_7 said:
http://www.uci.ch/imgarchive/MTB/World Championships/2006/Entrieslist-MTB-CM-ROTORUA-DHI.pdf

Here is the link to the entrants list for the DH, the one interesting thing is that Havukainen is entered for Australia, I did not think he mage the cut for Aus and was racing for USA instead?

Also there are only 5 Junior ladies, Tracey Hannah being one of them!!! Can you even have odds for her?
Ah thanks for that, I'm gonna link that up. From what I understood, Havukainen had to race for Aus because he had used their license all year long.

As for Tracey, I think the odds are probably about 1.0001 / 1. As long as she doesn't flat, she will win. (Yeah, another title for Orange!).

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
Any information you can pass on would be great...I was at last years and it was awsome, so have fun transcend.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Worlds last year was amazing as well, the venue was fantastic and the organization was phenomenal. This year looks like it will be just as good, if not better. The organizers for NZ were in Italy soaking everything in and seeing what worked, what didn't etc.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I'm aware, I was there :D. It will be a good fight this year. The course is smooth and fast, but looks more like a pedalers course than a brute strength and hang on course like ste anne.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
we should have a poll to determine who thinks Fraser is an A$$ for getting to go to the worlds...

still no word from bike magazine...:angry:...

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Transcend said:
Ah thanks for that, I'm gonna link that up. From what I understood, Havukainen had to race for Aus because he had used their license all year long.

As for Tracey, I think the odds are probably about 1.0001 / 1. As long as she doesn't flat, she will win. (Yeah, another title for Orange!).
She'd probably still win on a flat :rofl:

gr1

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
Transcend said:
Orange?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
lawlz.

i watched earthed 2 last night. sh!t those peeps is fast (yes i know the vid is from last season, still). i'm envious of those who are there. enjoy the fun!

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Most of Team USA who were traveling together, including most of the Junior riders, set off from SF last night. After some disasters last weekend in Snowmass, all the sponsors came through and got my team's Junior rider (Hank Cadle) squared away with new/updated parts in time to kick some ass in NZ. Thanks Manitou, Intense, and Shimano.

I know nothing about Junior riders from other countries. Anyone know some of the faster rippers from overseas to keep an eye on?

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
I was wondering if anyone knows how the DH Seeding Runs work on Thursday? There is a 3-hour time slot for all categories.

Does each rider get a timed run whenever they want to go?

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Pbody said:
I know nothing about Junior riders from other countries. Anyone know some of the faster rippers from overseas to keep an eye on?
Brendan Fairclough
Lars Peyer
Sam Blenkinsop (Home adavantage)
Joris Bigoni(qualified 11th at Vigo WC)
Antoine Badouard

On another note Gee Atherton crashed pretty hard at a British National last weekend, had to be carted off to hospital, ruptured spleen I think, but appraently he is OK and on the mend. He will be good to race the Worlds and is on his way to NZ according to reports over on www.descent-world.co.uk

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Forgot that these thuings come out around this time of year, they are a little early this year but still scary as ever!

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Akula_7 said:
Forgot that these thuings come out around this time of year, they are a little early this year but still scary as ever!

Luckily, USAC came up with some loose-fitting jerseys for them to wear. The riders are supposed to get them in Rotorua. They had to bring their own shorts.

However, I know there has always been different UCI rules which stipulates what they can and cannot wear. What is the ruling for this year, anyone know?

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Pbody said:
Luckily, USAC came up with some loose-fitting jerseys for them to wear. The riders are supposed to get them in Rotorua. They had to bring their own shorts.

However, I know there has always been different UCI rules which stipulates what they can and cannot wear. What is the ruling for this year, anyone know?

Can't see many of the top guys, especially Riffle wearing a baggy top, I think there are some open/grassy/pedaly sections on the track so it's gonna be human condoms all the way.

Ans as far as I am aware there have never been any UCI rules about wearing skinsuits, thats just silly, how the hell can they police that, do the measure the microscopic difference between the lycra and your ball bag or what?? No, there is obvioulsy the rule that in your qualifier and race run at the worlds you have to were your national team jereseys but it does not have to be a skinsuit. Ever!

T23

Chimp
Jul 13, 2006
USAC gave them skin suits last year..and whos going to win my money is Sam Blenkinsop, that kid kills it ....usac will be watching over the jr's pretty good, and they will have a schedule.. there will be no worries....Good luck to Hank, and tell him to relax and have fun..

top_dog

Monkey
Jan 27, 2006
Australia
Don't forget James Maltman from Aus. He is so fast. Never been OS though so that might hamper him a bit. He got 3rd at the Aussie nationals with no chain, only like 3 seconds behind on a 6 minute track. When he's on it he's on it!

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
Transcend said:

haha yeah, my girlfriend is racing her.......the US team just left san fransisco airport last night at 9:30 so they are there now

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
I would like Brendan to win but My moneys on Cameron Cole or Sam blenkinsop.
home advantage and they kill it there

JohnnyC

Monkey
Feb 10, 2006
Rotorua, New Zealand
Akula_7 said:
Can't see many of the top guys, especially Riffle wearing a baggy top, I think there are some open/grassy/pedaly sections on the track so it's gonna be human condoms all the way.

Ans as far as I am aware there have never been any UCI rules about wearing skinsuits, thats just silly, how the hell can they police that, do the measure the microscopic difference between the lycra and your ball bag or what?? No, there is obvioulsy the rule that in your qualifier and race run at the worlds you have to were your national team jereseys but it does not have to be a skinsuit. Ever!
I wouldn't say a skinsuit would give any advantage on this course, there are a couple of open bits but they aren't very long and not as fast as what you'd get in the euro world cups. I still can't wait to laugh at my mates that are racing though :rofl: