2 eggs
½ c chopped nuts, optional

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a saucepan, melt the
butter with the water and sugar. Once the mixture is
at a boil, add 1 cup of chocolate chips. Remove from
heat. Add the flour, baking soda, salt, vanilla and
eggs. Mix thoroughly. Add the second cup of
chocolate chips and nuts, if needed. Spread in
greased 9-inch pan. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes. Cool.

It's an absolute must to use good chips - I recommend the Ghirardelli.

-S.S.-

Editor's WARNING: these are *not* cake-type brownies. If you like your brownies "cakey" do *NOT* under any circumstances make these......

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
You're missing one thing to make the "world's greatest".

Oh this isn't the pot thread :rolleyes:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I gotta agree. The strongest ones I ever made tasted more like shredded wheat stored in an old Cocoa Puffs box than yummy brownies. Then again, yummy brownies have never made my friends wig out from psychedelic overload at a Dave & Busters.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
llkoolkeg said:
I gotta agree. The strongest ones I ever made tasted more like shredded wheat stored in an old Cocoa Puffs box than yummy brownies. Then again, yummy brownies have never made my friends wig out from psychedelic overload at a Dave & Busters.
LLK -- did you do it the right way?

not to jack the thread, but I think its related...

Take your 1/3 cup butter, melt it and add ground herb (as fine as you can get it). for 1/3c I would use .25 ounces. boil for as long as you can keep the butter nice (use a double boiler) maybe 30-45 minutes. Dump through cheesecloth (or paper towels, old tshirt, ect...) and press out all liquid from the solids. Should be a deep emerald color. Let it dry and use it as normal butta! The shredded wheat taste is usually from all the extra "fiber"!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
clancy98 said:
LLK -- did you do it the right way?

not to jack the thread, but I think its related...

Take your 1/3 cup butter, melt it and add ground herb (as fine as you can get it). for 1/3c I would use .25 ounces. boil for as long as you can keep the butter nice (use a double boiler) maybe 30-45 minutes. Dump through cheesecloth (or paper towels, old tshirt, ect...) and press out all liquid from the solids. Should be a deep emerald color. Let it dry and use it as normal butta! The shredded wheat taste is usually from all the extra "fiber"!
Hahaha...I know you're supposed to press out the liquids from the solids to make puna butter, but the first time I made ganj brownies, I didn't do so. I used almost .50/OZ in a batch of brownies and couldn't bring myself to strain any possible THC out so I left it all in. They tasted crappy but the buddy and I who ate them before going into a Dave & Busters(Bethesda, MD) tripped fargin' ballz for hours. My buddy was SO fvcked up, he became disoriented and was staggering about making a huge scene. I had to drag him out to his car and babysit him in the parking lot while my other friends drank pitchers of beer and had a great time. He was so completely tripping...as if on 5+ hits of acid...that I was fearful of him being arrested while wigging out and acting bizarrely in the parking lot. I have cooked with cannabis since, but that batch hit me worse than almost any other psychedelic experience I've ever had. A .25/OZ of good shrooms to myself was a way more mellow experience than two of those brownies.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
llkoolkeg said:
<snip>They tasted crappy but the buddy and I who ate them before going into a Dave & Busters(Bethesda, MD) tripped fargin' ballz for hours. <snip>
Shortly after college I had a brownie like that. I ended up eating a $hitload of cereal and then losing 8 hours of my life on a couch watching Godknowswhat on T.V. I was completely out of it.

Pretty funny in retrospect, but that's 8 hours of my life I'll never get back.

-S.S.-

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
thats the story with shrooms for me. I remembered laughing, then it was morning. And my sides were sore...

CLancy