Quantcast

Worlds in a week! Track preview with Brook!

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Maybe its the christian in me, but it seems like it would be silly to bet against rock jesus. 100% podium rate this season, 4/6 wins, previous wins on the track, and don't forget the 8 seconds at val di sol. I'm pretty sure he wants this one bad.

ritche

Monkey
Dec 3, 2011
Gwin! its time for USA to win it, last american men's world champ was in 2000, Rockwell!

and for fox 40 to win again last time was with Gee in '08 (val di sole)

or Go Bulldog! a world champ marz tripple 888! is nice, last time was so long agoo.. Fabian's gold in 05

I like to see another win of a aluminum dh frame!

Last edited:

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
Bell helmets would be more then happy if 1 of their sponsord riders are becomming world champ wearing their Bell Moto 9 lids

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
i think it would be awesome if josh would win that one...
but yeah if everything works out normal Rock Jesus will probably take home this one

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
Seems crazy to go pick anybody other than Gwin. But I will as always (for OTB) because then I don't have to be dead-on with picking the winning time. As much as I like to pull for new blood, I think I'd like to see some redemption for Gee. Maybe we could even have the brother-sister champs again this year.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
They changed a few things since I was there 2 weeks ago. No log drop in the 1st forest but instead a small rockgarden. Will the terminator be the part of the course?

As for picking the winner. Gwin is a safe bet but Smith is on fire after crushing everything he started in Whistler so he is my wild card pick. Though the track due to it's nature will suit multi talented (gnar, pedal and jump) guys more

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
What an old knackered looking course. Looks crap. Sort yourselves out if you wish to host a World Champs.

Upon saying that:

Rachael & Tahnee, Aaron & Loic.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
What an old knackered looking course. Looks crap. Sort yourselves out if you wish to host a World Champs.

Upon saying that:

Rachael & Tahnee, Aaron & Loic.
To be honest I expected them to do more changes and some repairs to the trails but Leogang is famous for unmaintained trails.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
To be honest I expected them to do more changes and some repairs to the trails but Leogang is famous for unmaintained trails.
this

trail maintenance is a foreign concept there, it's such a shame really, and they charge more for the pass then any other bikepark around there. usually i avoid going there.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
That track looks like a horsepower and long legs track. Bet on the guys with the big bodies and lots of torque. GM, Gwin, Atherton and McDonald and Cam Cole. Blenki as your sleeper. I'll check back at weeks end to say "told you so."

Only guy I don't know where to place is Spagnola.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
.....track will be totally destroyed on race day anyway
You miss the point. From a smooth track the track would be in much better condition that from an already destroyed track. Compare it to it after world cup and a week later after IXS. There was a difference. Though given how the tracks are progressively more destroyed there every year I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't maintain them at all.

It's a place with huge potential and some of the trails would be really great if they thought once in a while. One drop has 30% of the landing taken by another higher landing, many jumps are so easy to overshoot you can do it by stopping 50m before them without chain and it will still happen. It's frustrating because it could have been a place with the best place in this part of Europe.

batts65

Monkey
Aug 27, 2002
Upstate NY
Anyone know how many riders they are planning to show?? Are we only going to see the top 30 ranked riders??

I would like to see the top juniors as well but I have a feeling we will not see any of them.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
.....track will be totally destroyed on race day anyway
that's like saying my @ss is going to get dirty again after this dump, so I may as well not wipe it this time....

and what Norbar said.

My pick:

Men
Smith, Minnaar, Ratboy, Spagnolo, Bulldog

ladies
Emmeline, Rachel, Siegenthaler, Pugin, Manon

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Ya top looks really boring. Jumps look horribly thought out, and they took out the best techy secion. Weird. Worst worlds course in a while IMO.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
My wishful top 5 list:
1 Hill
2 Gwin
3 Smith
4 Atherton
5 Rude

I think a Hill comeback would be so rad.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Ya top looks really boring. Jumps look horribly thought out, and they took out the best techy secion. Weird. Worst worlds course in a while IMO.
I flatlanded some of them without a chain and currently my fitness level limits my riding ability to riding like a 60 year old. Even with awesome scrub skills some of the jumps will be landed to flat.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
I flatlanded some of them without a chain and currently my fitness level limits my riding ability to riding like a 60 year old. Even with awesome scrub skills some of the jumps will be landed to flat.
Maybe someone will be baller enough to quad them up?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
If Brosnan races, I think he has a chance of being up there. Even without much time back on his bike, hes a young guy that probably has very little fear running through his blood. Plus the fact that he will be hungry to get back on the bike and resume where he left off...

I'll be rooting for Steve Smith all the way. Although it would be awesome to see Hill or someone new to win it.

Santa Maria

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Austria
that's like saying my @ss is going to get dirty again after this dump, so I may as well not wipe it this time....

and what Norbar said.

My pick:

Men
Smith, Minnaar, Ratboy, Spagnolo, Bulldog

ladies
Emmeline, Rachel, Siegenthaler, Pugin, Manon
Leogang is the oldest Bikepark in Austria, the track has seen lots of races it in the last years - so the actual track cannot be in a much better shape than it was at the beginning of this season (end of May); now we have seen the IXS cup and 3 months of riding there, maintenance is little there, but the have done some in preperation for worlds - however it is a shame that the did not actually build a new track or at least some new parts - unfortunately leogang is not Schladming!