Quantcast

World's Pics-Livingo '05

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Final Speed Trap: seems slow, put not sure where it was takin!

1. 12 GBR19740617 PEAT Steve GBR Great Britain 51.92 32.26
2. 17 SUI19770916 CALUORI Claudio SUI Switzerland 51.12 31.76
3. 2 RSA19811113 MINNAAR Greg RSA South Africa 50.46 31.35
4. 36 CZE19810425 VAGNER Adam CZE Czech Republic 50.23 31.21
5. 1 FRA19800726 BAREL Fabien FRA France 50.00 31.07
6. 3 AUS19810510 RENNIE Nathan AUS Australia 49.31 30.64
7. 5 FRA19780323 GRACIA Cédric FRA France 49.25 30.60
8. 11 AUS19850721 HILL Samuel AUS Australia 49.20 30.57
9. 61 FRA19861010 SALADINI Romain FRA France 49.14 30.53
10. 29 AUS19821209 ATKINSON Bryn AUS Australia 49.03 30.47
11. 16 BRA19800209 BERCHTOLD Markolf BRA Brazil 48.92 30.40
12. 70 IRL19860117 POPHAM Jamie IRL Ireland 48.81 30.33
13. 38 NZL19830913 HOLLAND Tom NZL New Zealand 48.75 30.29
14. 21 GER19770808 KLAUSMANN Markus GER Germany 48.70 30.26
15. 110 ITA19860811 LACCHETTA Stefano ITA Italy 48.59 30.19

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Elite Men Interviews:

1. Barel Fabien, FRA: I can really say that this year I’ve got the “big slam”, winning 3 titles (national, European, and World championships). The season has been hard, with high goals, lot of pressure. I needed much concentration but I am satisfied with my results, I really did a hard training. Today I felt I suffered particularly because the race was hard, the rivals very strong: the stress was very high, but the fans on the track supported me so much. I felt almost obliged to win. My stress was high also because we expected bad weather at the start, so I was nervous, I didn’t know when I was at the bottom that it was clearing up.

2. Hill Samuel, AUS: It has always been my dream, to win a World Cup race. It happened twice this year, in Schladmig and in Pila. Then today’s result: my dreams are now reality.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Junior Men interviews minus 1st place!

2. Fairclough Brendan, GBR: I am European champion 2005, I won three national titles in the UK, and a second place in Austria: this has been a very successful year for me. Of course, I am disappointed that I didn’t get the gold medal today, but the pressure was high, in DH you are forced to take many risks, but I now have great expectations for next year’s World Championships. My mom comes from NZL, I am looking forward to the World Campionships 2006

3. Panozzo Liam, AUS: I ‘ve got italian origins. This year, I’ve improved constantly in my results. I am racing the World Cup in the Elite group: so I can improve my experience in races.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Did she race in those shorts???? :D CAn you be that hot and get a worlds bronze................................yep! Congrats Canada!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
PAMS 25 said:
Skinsuits look hella gay. :p

Speedholes in the number plate are so effective.

Looks like Sam had a crash ?
Wow...what's up with all the spandex? Kyle Strait, Sam Hill, Steve Peat, Nathan Rennie, etc. It just looks WRONG! The worst part is, Steve Peat was making fun of spandex riders in both "Earthed" videos. Well, at least they left their visors on...

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
blt2ride said:
Wow...what's up with all the spandex? Kyle Strait, Sam Hill, Steve Peat, Nathan Rennie, etc. It just looks WRONG! The worst part is, Steve Peat was making fun of spandex riders in both "Earthed" videos. Well, at least they left their visors on...
UK Team Management made the riders race in a skinsuit, if they did not wear one they were not allowed to ride. But, I do agree it is not 'rad' lookin...

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
when you're talking about the fact that a hundred or tenth of a second could make you a winner or loser for the World Title I'd strap on one of those tights anytime. It wouldn't be a pretty sight though.

Jorgen

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
Oslo, Norway
As I have stated before, if everyone just rode in baggies ut wouldn't make a difference :-)

They all would loose the same one hundreth of a second :-)

Cooper

Chimp
May 18, 2005
Sydney, OZ
blt2ride said:

U call that flap that Fabien was sporting a VISOR?........

i dont think so

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
stiksandstones said:
UK Team Management made the riders race in a skinsuit, if they did not wear one they were not allowed to ride. But, I do agree it is not 'rad' lookin...

I think skinsuits HAVE to be worn for qualifying and race runs at world champs, the New Zealand team got fined 500euros at Les Gets last year because 3 riders wore moto shorts in their qualifying runs.

Trond

Monkey
Oct 22, 2002
Oslo, Norway
Jorgen said:
As I have stated before, if everyone just rode in baggies ut wouldn't make a difference :-)

They all would loose the same one hundreth of a second :-)
I'd say there be more variance in baggy clothing than skinsuits ;)

Percy

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Christchurch NZ
Banga said:
I think skinsuits HAVE to be worn for qualifying and race runs at world champs, the New Zealand team got fined 500euros at Les Gets last year because 3 riders wore moto shorts in their qualifying runs.
Haha! :D
Trust Kiwi's to be too cool to wear spandex! :thumb:

Or too casual to have the right gear. ;)

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Banga said:

dont think so, that fine must have because of some other reason, maybe the sponsor logos were too big or something like that.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
stiksandstones said:
Although you are probably right seen as all the GB team wore skinsuits, Athertons, Beaumont, Fairclough etc.... I find it hard to believe anyone from British Cycling (Helen Mortimer?) could make Peat do something, he is the Boss really, but he would have worn it anyway I think, so my point is irellivant.

Cooper said:
U call that flap that Fabien was sporting a VISOR?........
Thats the stock peak that comes on those 661 helmets, nothing wrong with that, although I say Fabien's lid earlier in the year with a cut down peak around the mounting area.

Aztomec said:
what type of knee pads is sam hill wearing?
They are Troyl Lee T-Bone guards!

Banga said:
Don't think so.....last year Minnaar, Peat, Hill practicaly all the top male and female contenders wore baggies for quailifing and race run....a rule like that would be very odd.....like telling the roadies only to shave their legs against the grain or something.

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
gimme more gimme more!!!!

great pics...strait in a skinsuit, that just looks funny haha

biker3

Turbo Monkey
partsbara said:
check out hills form in the corner... compare it to everyone else... no wonder he is the best cornerer in the game...
Well, He doesnt corner well enough, or at least not yet..... Plus if you notice Hill is far more "into" the turn the everyone else. Notice the small rut/berm he is pushing against while everyone else is still relatively turning flat.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
biker3 said:
Well, He doesnt corner well enough, or at least not yet..... Plus if you notice Hill is far more "into" the turn the everyone else. Notice the small rut/berm he is pushing against while everyone else is still relatively turning flat.
:rolleyes:...
hill is a grom, give him a few more seasons, he ll dominate (like he isn t already ??????)...

he has the confidence in the turn to hit it harder and leaned over... watch synopsis / earthed 1 + 2... fast and hard and not afraid of testing the limits of tire grip...

Banga

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
vitox said:
dont think so, that fine must have because of some other reason, maybe the sponsor logos were too big or something like that.

nope it was for wearing baggys, they got a severe telling off from a UCI official.
maybe the team nominate whether they wear baggys or spray ons and everyone has to wear the same?

The NZ fine was definitely for wearing moto shorts and moto style loose shirt.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Banga said:
nope it was for wearing baggys, they got a severe telling off from a UCI official.
maybe the team nominate whether they wear baggys or spray ons and everyone has to wear the same?

The NZ fine was definitely for wearing moto shorts and moto style loose shirt.

well i wouldnt know what to say, i do however know that my chilean friends raced this year and others with moto pants, berny however normally races in a skinsuit, hard to understand the uci is.