FOUR CROSS:

Elite Men
Scott Beaumont
Will Evans
Scott Roberts

Elite Women
Fionn Griffiths

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/gb-squad-announced-world-champs-champery.html

Can't wait for Worlds this year! I can't see it happening but really hope that damn rain holds off.

Anyone seen any other teams?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Anyone seen any other teams?
US of A
Elite Men Downhill
Logan Binggeli (Saint George, Utah/KHS Bicycles)
Aaron Gwin (Temecula, Calif./Trek)
Curtis Keene (Fremont, Calif.)
Duncan Riffle (Santa Barbara, Calif./Giant MTB Team)
Mitch Ropelato (Ogden, Utah/SPS North America)
Luke Strobel (Issaquah, Wash./MS Evil)
Cody Warren (Alpine, Calif./DRD X-Fusion Intense)

Elite Women Downhill
Jacqueline Harmony (Sedona, Ariz./All Mountain Cyclery-Vixen Racing)
Jill Kintner (Seattle, Wash./RedBull-Transition Racing)
Joanna Petterson (Jericho, Vt.)

Junior Men Downhill
Nate Furbee (Los Osos, Calif.)
Austin Hackett Klaube (Dillon, Colo.)
Kiran MacKinnon (Aromas, Calif.)
Neko Mulally (Reading, Pa./Trek)
Trevor Trinkino (Evergreen, Colo./Yeti RPM)
Austin Warren (Alpine, Calif./DRD X-Fusion Intense)
Christian Wright (League City, Texas/Team Spincycle)

Junior Women Downhill
Lauren Daney (Stafford, Va./Specialized-GROM Racing)

Men Four Cross
Blake Carney (Camarillo, Calif.)
Lear Miller (Sedona, Ariz.)
Erik Nelson (Gilbert, Ariz.)

Women Four Cross
Melissa Buhl (Chandler, Ariz./KHS Bicycles)
Joanna Petterson (Jericho, Vt.)
Neven Steinmetz (Boulder, Colo./Ellsworth-Smile Generation)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Australia

Elite Men Downhill
Sam Hill
Rhys Willemse
Michael Hannah
Shaun O'Connor
Josh Button

Elite Women Downhill
Leonie Picton

Junior Men Downhill
Troy Brosnan
Connor Fearon
Brendon Yrttiaho
Benjamin Power
Joseph Vejvoda
Phillip Piazzo
David McMillan

Four Cross Elite Men
Jared Graves
Graeme Mudd
Richard Levinson

South Africa

Elite Men DH:
Greg Minnaar
Andrew Neethling
Tim Bentley
Johann Potgieter

Junior DH:
Adi van der Merwe
Tiaan Odendaal
Alasdair Fey

New Zealand

Downhill Individual (DHI)
Under 19 Women
Sarah Atkin, Wellington
Sophie Tyas, Auckland
Madeline Taylor, Napier
Veronique Sandler, Nelson
Sophie-Marie Bethell, Auckland

Under 19 Men
Reuben Olorenshaw, Nelson
Daniel Franks, Christchurch
Reece Potter, Takaka
Jay Barrett, Napier

Elite Women
Amy Laird, Christchurch
Gabby Molloy, Rotorua

Elite Men
Cameron Cole, Christchurch
Sam Blenkinsop, Wanganui
Justin Leov, Dunedin
Brook MacDonald, Napier
George Brannigan, Hawkes Bay
Matthew Scoles, Alexandra

Four Cross (4X)
Elite Men
Daniel Franks, Christchurch

rayhaan

Monkey
Oct 18, 2007
ireland
On the french side of things, apparently Fabien Barel is looking for one more injury to overcome before he retires, as he has fractured three ribs while training with the French squad in Champery. Hope he heals up enough for worlds.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I would not be surprised at all to see those Aussie boys go 1,2,3.

Anyone who bets against Troy taking 1st hasn't been paying much attention, I'd say it's his to lose.
On most tracks yeah... but somewhere like Champery I'd give Connor close to even odds - when you see that guy fully cut loose in the scary bits, it's a sight to behold. Troy definitely has the race experience, team support and the WC results to back him up though; Connor gives him a run for his money at "local" races (our nationals) but hasn't shown that at the WCs yet. Yrttiaho is a sick rider too, but not quite on their level. Top 5 a possibility but top 3 would really surprise me.

The Aussie elite field isn't what it used to be though, other than Hill... all those guys are awesome riders in their own right but Hill is really the only one with a shot at the podium on that track.

Oh and Graves... man I hope he slays it!

Predictions for the DH podium anyone? I'd love to see Hill rip everyone a new a-hole again, but I think those days may well be over...

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
GB's team looks like a WC podium followed by NZ, Aus, SA and then the US as far as the team component (not sure if there is a team component at world champs) goes. Aus does seem to be down at the moment, you guys are has-beens, in 5 years everybody will be talking about the american dominance in downhill. :D

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
GB's team looks like a WC podium followed by NZ, Aus, SA and then the US as far as the team component (not sure if there is a team component at world champs) goes. Aus does seem to be down at the moment, you guys are has-beens, in 5 years everybody will be talking about the american dominance in downhill. :D
haha, maybe if another American rider gets into the top 10, otherwise you might as well point out the South African domination of downhill for the past 10 years... Minnaar has won more WC overalls than anyone else in that time IIRC?

Gwin is looking close to unstoppable at the moment, though getting beaten at La Bresse did surprise me - Minnaar manages to lift his game to match whatever's being thrown at him, Hill's runs in 07 on that track were legendary and there's no doubt he could do some damage if he's fit, but then there's a whole lot of other ridiculously loose units like Hart, Macdonald, Reid, Blinky, and even Smith, who will stick it to the more established guys like Peat, Gee and Minnaar, and any of them could well end up on top of the box at the end of the day... it will definitely be an extremely interesting race!

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
It's amazing to see NZ turn of fortune in the last few years, that is a super strong team they have there!

It's also interesting to count how many world champs some of the teams have!

I dunno who's gonna podium, I certainly wouldn't be getting against Gwin/Gee/Minaar for the win, so many people capable of taking it on the day. I think everyone has stepped right up since '07 but then we didn't see Hill ride Champery last year, gonna be interbreasting for sure!

Obviously I'll be rooting for the young Brits, Brendog being at the top of that list.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Other than Gwin, there probably isn't another rider on the senior US team that could make the GB or French team, and maybe 1 with an outside change at the Aussie, NZ, or RSA teams. If any one country could claim dominance in mens (and womens?) DH right now it's the Brits

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Junior Men and Women.......often there are some Frenchies that come out of the woodwork.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Other than Gwin, there probably isn't another rider on the senior US team that could make the GB or French team, and maybe 1 with an outside change at the Aussie, NZ, or RSA teams. If any one country could claim dominance in mens (and womens?) DH right now it's the Brits
hence my rankings of teams and the 5 year window for dominance followed by the smilie to indicate that i'm joking. but yeah, GB's juniors are faster than our fastest seniors, excluding Gwin of course.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
From what I've seen, Champerey looks to be in the hands of the youth. It's not a bull's track and twitchers like Bryceland, Hart and Brosnan look like the logical choices.

Heck, with Brosnan on such a tear in seniors, I'l almost be willing to put him as tops for seniors if he were eligible. That course is hell.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I'd put that guy with an injury that surprised us last year at worlds pretty high on the list.

He seems to be able to compete with the bulls after coming back from injurys pretty well, and I hear he's pretty good on those twitchy sneaky tracks.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I don't want to start the normal bitching about who should and shouldn't be there, but how is Richie Rude not on the US junior squad? Am I missing something?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I heard a rumor that Mr. Hill may not have been injured, and that he might currently be testing a new bike from specialized. And that it might be carbon. And he might be supposed to win on it or else.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
I heard a rumor that Mr. Hill may not have been injured, and that he might currently be testing a new bike from specialized. And that it might be carbon. And he might be supposed to win on it or else.
I heard that he got injured because his bike was carbon instead of steel.