Quantcast

World's Strongest Beer

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German brewer has concocted what he says is the world's strongest beer, a potent drink with an alcohol content of 25.4 percent that is served in a shot glass.

"Everyone who has tried it is enthusiastic. It tastes like a quirky mixture of beer and sherry," said Bavarian brewer Harald Schneider.

Schneider, who lives in southern Germany where beer is a tradition, said his beer fermented for 12 weeks for an alcohol content twice that of Germany's other strongest beers.

"People will only be able to drink two or three glasses, otherwise they'll drop like flies," he said.

Schneider expects the holders of the world's strongest beer, the Boston Beer Company, to put up a fight.

"I'm pretty sure the Americans have something up their sleeve."

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
blt2ride said:
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German brewer has concocted what he says is the world's strongest beer, a potent drink with an alcohol content of 25.4 percent that is served in a shot glass.

"Everyone who has tried it is enthusiastic. It tastes like a quirky mixture of beer and sherry," said Bavarian brewer Harald Schneider.

Schneider, who lives in southern Germany where beer is a tradition, said his beer fermented for 12 weeks for an alcohol content twice that of Germany's other strongest beers.

"People will only be able to drink two or three glasses, otherwise they'll drop like flies," he said.

Schneider expects the holders of the world's strongest beer, the Boston Beer Company, to put up a fight.

GAK!!!

:dead:

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
ive had the sam adams brew thats like 20 proof, its pretty good. it is also like $150 a bottle at a bar and i think its really hard to come by, havent seen it in any package stores either. i had it at this beer fest in boston last year

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
luken8r said:
ive had the sam adams brew thats like 20 proof, its pretty good. it is also like $150 a bottle at a bar and i think its really hard to come by, havent seen it in any package stores either. i had it at this beer fest in boston last year

Yeah, thats 20 proof, this is 25 percent!

Thats disgusting. (Although, I dont like beer anyway)

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
50 proof? How is that possible without a still? Wouldnt the bacteria die at that high of a alchohaul content? Interesting.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
luken8r said:
theres a big difference between 20 proof and 25% 20 proof is like 10%

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
golgiaparatus said:
I've been doing black and tans with Guiness and Sam adams Cherry wheat :drool: really a great combination.
Does this combination work well, meaning the 2 colors seperate? I tried to do this once with Guiness and I forget what else, and it all mixed together.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bluebug32 said:
Does this combination work well, meaning the 2 colors seperate? I tried to do this once with Guiness and I forget what else, and it all mixed together.
man it is all about technique...You have to pour the cherry wheat first, about halfway, then take a spoon and bend it so that the spoon portion makes a 90 degree angle with the handle...lower the spoon into the glass right above the cherry wheat and slowly pour the guiness over the spoon (get the guiness as close to the spoon as possible). This will dispurse the guiness over a wider surface area and not "pierce" into the other layer of beer.

I did this a bunch at parties at school, and everyone thought i was a magician. I thought it was a comonly known technique. College kids :rolleyes:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
My friend made me some brew for my birthday last year. he tried to make hard apple cider, but really it just turned out as REALLY strong bad tasting liquid. I drank it, because he made it for me, and I was pretty f***ed up!

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
manhattanprjkt83 said:
man it is all about technique...You have to pour the cherry wheat first, about halfway, then take a spoon and bend it so that the spoon portion makes a 90 degree angle with the handle...lower the spoon into the glass right above the cherry wheat and slowly pour the guiness over the spoon (get the guiness as close to the spoon as possible). This will dispurse the guiness over a wider surface area and not "pierce" into the other layer of beer.

I did this a bunch at parties at school, and everyone thought i was a magician. I thought it was a comonly known technique. College kids :rolleyes:
Thanks. I'll have to give this a try. I love Guiness and the Cherry Wheat and good too. If you like Blue Moon, have you ever tried Ommegang? They brew in the Belgian style and are located in Cooperstown, NY. Their beer is soooo good and the brewery is really nice too.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Sami-Claus. 14.7%, A specialty Christmas beer. I've had it on a couple occasions. I dubbed it the 6pack beer. One 12oz is like pounding a 6'er of domestic swill, except way tastier!

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
manhattanprjkt83 said:

this works well with greygoose and oj (hypno&alize work 2) cept i use syran wrap.

Chunky Munkey

Herpes!
May 10, 2006
is ALWAYS key I say...
blt2ride said:

Ya, DOPE!

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
meh,, screw teh uber strong beers.. you guys need to try some happy-brew,, my boys homebrew with a bunch of sticky green clippings thrown like the last week of fermenting... now that was a fun buzz...

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
rigidhack said:
Dogfish World Wide Stout is up pretty high too, isn't it? (18-24% depending on the batch)
Try this site for loads of good info.

www.ratebeer.com
My guess is that Sam is the American with something up his sleeve. Dogfish has a distillery too so he knows how to make strong drinks.

It'd be the nuts if Russian River made a stronger beer but it was an IPA. Can you imagine a 25+% beer with hops?!?! :drool:

It would be the Quadruple IPA...