Quantcast

Wormwood

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Share your thoughts on wormwood, aka Absenth. All i can say is its nasty! :nope: i herd its going to be legal as well. :confused:

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
**shudder**
brings back mixed memories
on one hand i had some very good times i think(things went very hazy, i actually cant remember a thing)
on the other hand i remember the monings very very well.

that was a couple of years back when i started going out to nightclubs, i used to drink lots of spirits but not anymore.

i actually dont dislike the taste its breath taking to say the least but its hardly the worst drink i've had, i'd happily choose it over vodka, when i went out i sometime me and my buddies carried a small hip flask full of it, just incase thing got a bit boring.

but nothing beats going up to the bar ordering a whole round of absenth shots and seeing that half shocked/half sickened look on the guys face.

but where we went to only allowed each person to have 3 shots max, you got your hand stamped for every shot you had, hense the hip flasks :thumb: .

AAAAHH good times they were.
i'm a bit more sensable now though, but its always fun on special occasions, kinda makes me gag at first now though but after the first drink that goes away.

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
mack said:
Share your thoughts on wormwood, aka Absenth. All i can say is its nasty! :nope: i herd its going to be legal as well. :confused:
i dont know about the legality issue but i know some folks who distill some on their own and it is a very strange sensation...body drunk..brain not. taste wasnt too bad but it was still at stilled ABV(185 proof) so taste wasnt that prevelant.

its always entertaining to test it out while at work and then do some electrical work...u dont notice the zaps as much.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Me and a friend got some a few months ago.
Woke up the next morning guessing how I got in bed the night before.
When I went down I found puke at the bottom of the stairs, in the front yard, the back yard, in the drive way and in the toilet.
I also found an empty Absinthe bottle and a half emty bottle of Sambucca.
I really dont remember anything what happend in between other then what the pics on my digi camera told me.
That stuff is nasty, definitly not drinking it again.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Kevin said:
Me and a friend got some a few months ago.
Woke up the next morning guessing how I got in bed the night before.
When I went down I found puke at the bottom of the stairs, in the front yard, the back yard, in the drive way and in the toilet.
I also found an empty Absinthe bottle and a half emty bottle of Sambucca.
I really dont remember anything what happend in between other then what the pics on my digi camera told me.
That stuff is nasty, definitly not drinking it again.
did you cut off yr ear?