Quantcast

Worrack Wins Stage Three of Thueringen Rundfahrt

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Trixi Worrack won Stage Three of Thueringen Rundfahrt on Thursday giving Specialized-lululemon its third consecutive win for the tour. At the end of another tough stage, in which only 25 riders arrived in the front bunch at the finish, Trixi was led out by her teammates to take the bunch sprint from Lizzie Armistead and Martine Bras.</p><p>
</p><p>
"The last 40km of the race were pretty windy," said Team Sport Director Ronny Lauke. "AA Drink went on the attack and split up the peloton. In the front group of 11 we had Trixi and Amber [Neben] so it was a good situation for us."</p><p>
</p><p>
"The break started really well," said Worrack. "But it wasn't a perfect situation for a few of the teams so eventually another group of about 15 riders caught us with a lap to go.</p><p>
</p><p>
"We had Emilia [Fahlin] doing a great job covering breaks and at the end she started the lead out and Ina [Teutenberg] finished it and led me into the sprint."</p><p>
</p><p>
"I felt really great today so I'm happy now that my form is starting to come up for the Olympics. I just needed a bit of racing. The next three days here will be the perfect final preparation."</p><p>
</p><p>
Tomorrow's stage is a 20km time trial in Altenburg.</p>

More...