Quantcast

Worst bike company site ever?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
at least you dont have to have your head mounted crooked to read stuff on it. check out koxx.fr ... trials is goofy and silly enough, why does the world's leading company have to go and put that site up.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Whahaah thats nothing.
Chek this one...

www.bombproof.nl

These guys are total asses and theyre so full of themselves allways talking about how good they are and how they fly their bikes instead of jumping them, and you should hear m about how company's like Cortina have stolen their linkage design and this one time they were threatning this guy on a Dutch forum to change his signature "Fly or die" because they had patended it. Hahaha these guys are really something.
Here this pic will really make your day.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
He IS 6' 6".
And the pic is just funny as hell. Chek the huge 4 inch drop the guy is doin wearing full armor on a 30kg "bombproof" dh bike.
These guys are just pethatic and theyve become the laughing stock of the Dutch bikey scene, well except for some XC fanboys maybee who think they are totally hardcore.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
looks like the lads from bombproof in the netherlands may have their heads jammed a little too far into the bucket... on their site, in the pictures section there is a photo of a bloke going AROUND a jump...

GO HARD OR GO HOME (and smoke 14 dozen cones)

this guy knows how to pick a line eh ???? :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Smelly said:
what am i seeing wrong? it looks like that dude is riding a coil shock in the back with no coil :confused:
I'm guessing it is an air shock.

I usually don't like to openly diss, but those bombproof guys are huge p*ss*es.

Actually, I am curious about one thing. In their info page, they mentioned how they are "three maniac downhillers from the lowest country in the world, The Netherlands." and "have experienced national glory reaching first place podium scores in national championships Downhill."

Considering the highest point in The Netherlands is 321 meters, is there even a DH championship?

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
As a matter of fact there is a Dutch DH championship but its not in Holland, we ride mostly in Germany, Belgium and France.
The scene is pretty small offcourse but its OK I guess.
When the Bombproof guys were reaching first place podia they were like the only three contenders but they dont really seem to mind bragging about it anyways.
Nowadays even the Juniors will wipe the floor with those guys with one hand up their nose but since I havent seen them at a single race ever they probably still think theyre the best. At least thats what theyre allways telling everyone.
Apart from those losers we do have Be One plus some really great World Cup riders coming from Holland like Bas de Bever (Be One) and Anneke Beerten (Specialized USA) so dont be fooled by our country being flat.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, I have to take your word, Kevin. But considering the stuff the Bombproof guys put up, they do seem like sh*theads.

I bet the guys would get killed in any Cali, Colorado, or Utah DH race...

Bernard

Chimp
Nov 13, 2004
The Netherlands
Well, you can take my word.... Kev is absolutly right about this..

I'm from holland as well, and the bombproof gays uh.... guys, and especially Erik de man, are losers!!!

He's is suggesting that he's the best dutch rider period.... and in my opinion an average rider will smoke his arse!!

But besides this, the biggest problem is, that he's terrorizing every ducth forum with his BP crap and thumb words.
He's importing IronHorse to holland... And that's to bad for IH... because this way they'll never sell a bike in the netherlands... That's a shame... the sunday is such a nice bike!!

Cheers

Don Diablo

Chimp
Jan 18, 2005
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
We should not underestimate the power of Bombproof though! They are the first to have used the VPP design... actually they are the inventers of it!

so they say.....

But 30 kg (which is like 5000 pounds) of fence aluminum is just a little bit over the top for doin' 3" drops.

So we don't produce any good DH rigs.... we do have a lot of other good products to offer the rest of the world! Like cheese and uhm tulips!

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
Don Diablo said:
We should not underestimate the power of Bombproof though! They are the first to have used the VPP design... actually they are the inventers of it!
check your facts...

1998 Outland VPP:

Outland uses a "virtual pivot point" (VPP) suspension design on this bike. It is named since the suspension design "pivots" in space not at an actual structural pivot. This is accomplished using a lower link mounted under the bottom bracket and a large upper link mounted to the shock and pivots from the seat tube. The rear stays are CNC machined out, looks like a lot of aluminum chips left over from that job!! The VPP design has recently been used again by companies such as Santa Cruz and Intense. The Girvin fork is probably not something that would have been used on the bike but I think it goes well with the rear linkage

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Hello Kitty said:
check your facts...

1998 Outland VPP:

Outland uses a "virtual pivot point" (VPP) suspension design on this bike. It is named since the suspension design "pivots" in space not at an actual structural pivot. This is accomplished using a lower link mounted under the bottom bracket and a large upper link mounted to the shock and pivots from the seat tube. The rear stays are CNC machined out, looks like a lot of aluminum chips left over from that job!! The VPP design has recently been used again by companies such as Santa Cruz and Intense. The Girvin fork is probably not something that would have been used on the bike but I think it goes well with the rear linkage

cough cough he was kidding

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
jejejejejeje... jajajajaja.. sorry, i have been laughing for the last 25 minutes over these bombproof products....

i allways have believed that having my name engraved on my brake rotor definetly will increase my braking power... jajaja

and also, i dont know how the managed to put the word "bombproof" so many times in the same website...

i dont mean to diss, but come on... these guys havent left the "drawing board" for about 8 years...

hey, who wants a custom brake booster? they can put your name on it to increase power... jejeje

sorry....

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Diskbrake

The first diskbrake to brake in the air. Flying will not be your problem anymore. Landing will.
Still a prototype, not for sale yet.

To fly or die that’s the question !

what the "f-word"?