Quantcast

Worst bike ride ever...people suck

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I decided against a road ride as it was a bit gusty. Headed out on our hardtails for a whatever ride, road, gravel, bike path, singletrack etc.

Was witness to a driver in an SUV deliberately plowing into a group of cyclists. Bikes and people flung into the air. Driver fled. Hopefully the worst injured lady survives. The SUV had dragged her bike a quarter mile up the road.

Asshole.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jesus. What are the known details of the vehicle? Can't hurt to get the word out as much as possible.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
They only caught the guy that started the big Flagstaff fire a few days ago because some moto riders were there, came on the fire and a camper pealing out of there, so they had a few riders try to put out the fire while the others chased down the camper and called it in, getting law enforcement to intercept. If they weren't there, the guy would probably be gone.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
They only caught the guy that started the big Flagstaff fire a few days ago because some moto riders were there, came on the fire and a camper pealing out of there, so they had a few riders try to put out the fire while the others chased down the camper and called it in, getting law enforcement to intercept. If they weren't there, the guy would probably be gone.
linky?

Hey 6th: that's horrible. Where was this?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wife and I were heading west downhill and getting ready to turn left. Riders on some sort of group ride were coming up hill heading east.

The SUV deliberately plowed into two riders from behind. Flinging them and their bikes in the air. I called 911 and directed the truck who had been behind the SUV to pursue it and get the plate. They had driven off dragging the ladies bike a quarter mile. It sounds like the driver stopped at El Rancho to pull the bike from under their car.

I braked so hard from 25mph trying to get the plate I endo'd. Fucked up my hand, hoping I haven't bust my thumb.

The one guy who was hit was "okay", the lady was very not

Lots of witnesses but only a partial plate, older Grey Ford Escape.

Dropped pin

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
linky?

Hey 6th: that's horrible. Where was this?

Trail Riders of Southern ArizonaAMRA Racing - Group

oSdtnpesroe58416gu13g35J :t6Ph104 h435 M36hntha1 ·
TRS Riders & The Pipe Line Fire in Flagstaff Az.
This past weekend, several members of the Trail Riders of Southern Arizona (TRS) made an annual trip to Flagstaff for a weekend of camping and trail riding. On Friday and Saturday, the group enjoyed riding the Kelly Canyon trail system.
On Sunday a group of 6 TRS’ers broke camp and headed up to ride the Fort Valley trails. After the early boulder fest at upper moto the group took Newman to Secret trail. They doubled back and hit Rocky Moto. As one rider in the group rounded a turn, he saw a fire 200 yards straight ahead! Holy crap! He alerted the rest of the group at the next turn and that’s when the action began. First a call to 911 was made, while others headed back towards the fire to try to contain it. Two others in the group noticed a white pickup fleeing the scene and it was on! These two chased the truck and got him to pull over while they video recorded him and his license plate. They called the Sheriff and reported the fleeing suspect.
These TRS’ers were at ground zero of the Pipeline Fire. The news reported a fire spotter first reported the fire around 10:15am Sunday. The TRS group came upon the fire around 10:30am. In that short period of time the fire had already grown to about ¼ of an acre in size. As you have probably heard the local news reports the suspect is now in custody. As trail riding advocates these riders were happy to take action in attempt to preserve the riding Fort Valley trails and the Coconino National Forest. Great job guys!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife and I were heading west downhill and getting ready to turn left. Riders on some sort of group ride were coming up hill heading east.

The SUV deliberately plowed into two riders from behind. Flinging them and their bikes in the air. I called 911 and directed the truck who had been behind the SUV to pursue it and get the plate. They had driven off dragging the ladies bike a quarter mile. It sounds like the driver stopped at El Rancho to pull the bike from under their car.

I braked so hard from 25mph trying to get the plate I endo'd. Fucked up my hand, hoping I haven't bust my thumb.

Dropped pin
a make/model, color, and partial plate is enough to narrow it down usually. especially given the likelihood of damage to the vehicle

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Uh, that sucks so bad! What a scumbag. Hope they catch him and the police will do something bad to him. :( :banghead:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The other will be ok? Like they didn't get injured at all? Like it wasn't a traumatic event? Poor choice of words.
He's very lucky, he'll be feeling it in the morning but at least he was able to walk away.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Dropped pin
That sucks to hear that you ate it.

But you did good. You tried your best to help, which is more than what a lot of people would do. Hopefully yall are okay, physically and emotionally. Same with the other group.

And yeah hopefully they catch the jackass and he pays for his decisions.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
A few years ago a very good friend of mine got hit by a truck and left for dead in a ditch. He was solo, and was lucky that his bike was laying in the road and someone eventually stopped to see what the hell was going on and found him in the ditch. He remembers nothing from it, all they know was that it was an F150 from grill bits left in the road.