Quantcast

Worst bike ride ever...people suck

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sadly geo-restricted. Summary please!
EFFERSON COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) – A Medina Alert has been issued after two bicyclists were struck by an SUV along Interstate 70 near El Rancho.

According to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the suspect they are searching for drove a 2018 Silver Ford Escape, with Colorado temporary tags of 2959061, into two bicyclists on Sunday around 12 p.m.

“[The driver] came up on a group of cyclists, about 15 of them,” Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office’s Jenny Fulton said. “The SUV passed several and then intentionally struck two of the cyclists in the group.”

Medina Alert: Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department 2018 grey Ford Escape (temp tag 2959061)
One of those struck sustained critical injuries and as a result, authorities believe that the front end of the vehicle is likely carrying some collision damage.

“The witness accounts led us to believe this was an intentional act,” Fulton said. “[The] victim, an adult female, is in critical condition and is unconscious.”

According to Fulton, at this point, this incident is being considered a vehicular assault.

If you know where Mill is or have seen the vehicle, please contact the Jeffco Sheriff’s Office by calling 303-271-0211.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
it sounds like you were the one composed enough to get a follow car going
The truck who was behind the SUV stopped at the scene and I urged him to chase after and try to get the plate. I think it was other random people who were at El Rancho who got the partial when the suv pulled in and the driver ditched the bike they'd dragged a quarter mile. Pickup truck driver was a good old dude who came back and also gave a statement to the deputy.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
What, they already have a pic of him in county colors? I hope that woman he hit survives and this sack of shit gets what he wants - a free ride to prison where he can perpetually drop the soap.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
That had to be horrible to witness. Glad to see the driver has been ID'd. Fucking asshole.
I've seen a rider die on a ride before, at least he went out doing something he loved (heart attack on a singletrack downhill IIRC). No way the lady (or lucky guy) deserved what happened to them.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
This thread is depressing, It has brought back memories of some really bad calls up on the mountain where I was the medic. I went 2 for 3 on the saves. one was a woman we flew out with CSF coming out of her nose and ears. trauma surgeons and flight nurses are amazing people. I hope the woman recovers and the driver goes to prison for a hell of a long time.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
"He/She Driver". Nice, "granfondodailynews". couldn't have just said "Police search for driver..."?
This might be the least woke thing I've ever said but... Do we really give a fuck what the preferred pronouns are of someone who tried to kill another human being with their vehicle?

Also according to the article one law enforcement agency has the suspect listed as male, and another as female. So maybe that's the reason for the headline... whatever.

ebarker9

Monkey
Oct 2, 2007
This might be the least woke thing I've ever said but... Do we really give a fuck what the preferred pronouns are of someone who tried to kill another human being with their vehicle?

Also according to the article one law enforcement agency has the suspect listed as male, and another as female. So maybe that's the reason for the headline... whatever.
About that person...no, but in general, yes.

And I hear you, it's obviously not the important thing here, but it's still important even if this person appears to be a complete shitbag.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hey lets not turn this thread into the dumpster fire that the one on MTBR has turned into. That's become a my pew pew stick can save me from anything thread.

Haven't seen anything about the suspect being caught yet.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I think the "he/she" is justified in the context of trying to find a person who committed a heinous crime like this. Knowing the suspect may be gender fluid could help someone ID them, when they might otherwise not pay attention to a person who outwardly appears as one gender or the other.

From Eric's linked article: "Alan ”Haley” Mill is listed as a male inmate currently on parole with the Colorado Department of Corrections and has a lengthy criminal record dating back to 2003, including convictions for drugs, burglary and driving without a license. While state records Mill as male, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office lists Mill as female."

Sounds like a real piece of shit and I hope they end up in prison for a long time (or worse). Regardless, wishing the best for the victims and everyone else impacted by this.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I think the "he/she" is justified in the context of trying to find a person who committed a heinous crime like this. Knowing the suspect may be gender fluid could help someone ID them, when they might otherwise not pay attention to a person who outwardly appears as one gender or the other.
This, given people's strong tendency to read a headline and quickly scan the article, is what I was getting after.

Hey lets not turn this thread into the dumpster fire that the one on MTBR has turned into. That's become a my pew pew stick can save me from anything thread.
Sorry. [/CANADIAN]

Haven't been over to MTBR for a minute... yes that thread has devolved into a DUMBster fire, hasn't it? Same as the thread about the fella who died of heat exhaustion on teh Palisade Plunge.