Quantcast

worst espresso ever!

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:dead:
i got a double shot from the local place around the corner & daaaayum it was bad. I was sooooooo burnt tasting & bitter as hell it was undrinkable (unless diluted with a cup of our good coffee). I hate to say it, but Starfux has far superior espresso. I think it is because the process is so removed from actually making espresso that any idiot can do it well.

I am not going to sell my soul for a shot of espresso, so I guess the hunt is still on. :D

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TN said:
<snip>
I am not going to sell my soul for a shot of espresso, so I guess the hunt is still on. :D
If you're really interested in a good espresso, make plans for your next European junket in Italia. You can get a good espresso in Italy............ absolutely anywhere.

And it's *light years* better than Starbucks. That $hit is swill compared to a proper espresso.

-S.S.-

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
SkaredShtles said:
If you're really interested in a good espresso, make plans for your next European junket in Italia. You can get a good espresso in Italy............ absolutely anywhere.

And it's *light years* better than Starbucks. That $hit is swill compared to a proper espresso.

-S.S.-
isnt it sad when Starbucks is considered "good"? but it least is sweet & doesnt have the viscosity of motor oil.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
SkaredShtles said:

-S.S.-
the thing i found funny about coffee bars in italy is that they are not places to hang out and shoot the ****, like US ones. they are small, and people either usually have their coffee at the stand up counter, for if they want a seat, you usually pay a bit more. and the expectation is that you will be gone when you are done drinking yr 2 oz of coffee, so that the next customer can sit down.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
narlus said:
the thing i found funny about coffee bars in italy is that they are not places to hang out and shoot the ****, like US ones. they are small, and people either usually have their coffee at the stand up counter, for if they want a seat, you usually pay a bit more. and the expectation is that you will be gone when you are done drinking yr 2 oz of coffee, so that the next customer can sit down.
Yeah - the first one I went to in Rome there were construction workers coming in, plopping down their lira, downing the shot, and out the door.

For sipping, we'd get a cappuccino at a cafe with a patio and hang out for a couple hours. :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
TN said:
isnt it sad when Starbucks is considered "good"? but it least is sweet & doesnt have the viscosity of motor oil.
Yep, it is sad. I don't go to Starbucks. I keep looking for a good espresso, but so far I've only found one: in a coffee shop in the Colorado Springs airport. :eek: :think:

My little stove-top makes better "espresso" than I can get at Starbucks, assuming I can get some good beans and I get lucky when I grind it that it's got the right fineness.

-S.S.-

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
narlus said:
people either usually have their coffee at the stand up counter
I noticed that too. I'm just not used to standing at a table while I drink my coffee, I like to sit and read something. And you always get a tiny bar of chocolate. I guess that's supposed to go in the cup? Never figured that out.

I finally bought a good burr grinder, as my old one put out too much "powder". Now my grind is right where I want it for a perfect crema.