Quantcast

worth getting an x-ray??

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Velocity Girl said:
But better safe than sorry. And knowing if you it's a break/fracture or just severe brusing lets you know how long you have to stay off the bike! When my doc gave me the "serverely bruised" diagnosis after a bad crash the first thing I of course asked was "So that means I can still ride and it won't do anymore damage?" He just looked at me, shook his head, laughed, and gave me a perscription for some super duper advil :thumb:

Glad to hear it's nothing serious though even though hurt ribs hurt like a biotch!!!!
haha! that's so funny! i know, the doc and i kinda had that conversation but when he told me to take ibuprofen 3x a day until i felt better, i said, "well, maybe i shouldn't take it cuz, if i feel better, then i'll get back on my bike maybe before i should'

and he goes, 'well, if you feel better, then you can go biking'

i was like huh? oh...okay....i seeeee

thanks!

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Julie keeps telling me to go buy new lenses and to go get my teeth cleaned. How the hell am I supposed to know what will be wrong with me during the course of the year???
$20 a week pre-tax will net you $1040 for the year. Not only will you not notice the $$$ diference as it's pre-tax, but it's extremely easy to use up such a small amount. Plus, if you look at the terms of the FSA, you can buy stuff in December if you have $$$ left over. They have a list of what is / isn't allowed, and a lot of the stuff you can buy is stuff you use regularly anyways. If you wear glasses (you can use the $$$ towards laser surgery) or have kids, you'll want to add more than $20 per week.

Also, anyone who wants to have a lower copay, and get just as good, (and probably much quicker), care should go to an Urgent Care center instead of the ER. Most HMO's have agreements with them so you only pay your usual $20 copay instead of the $75 at the ER.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
berkshire_rider said:
$20 a week pre-tax will net you $1040 for the year. Not only will you not notice the $$$ diference as it's pre-tax, but it's extremely easy to use up such a small amount. Plus, if you look at the terms of the FSA, you can buy stuff in December if you have $$$ left over. They have a list of what is / isn't allowed, and a lot of the stuff you can buy is stuff you use regularly anyways. If you wear glasses (you can use the $$$ towards laser surgery) or have kids, you'll want to add more than $20 per week.
Unless you have a particularly healthy family.......... we only contributed ~500 this year and still have almost $400 left in it. Massages are in order!! :D

-S.S.-