Quantcast

Worth the read

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
They should hit Gadret where it hurts, his pocket book. I would dock him pay for pulling some crap like that.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
"He is the first French rider overall."

Isn't this a big deal....?.....isn't the team sponsor French.....?...

I understand under normal circumstance Gadget should give his wheel up......but might this be a unique situation...?...It's not like Roche was 30 seconds behind Schleck in the GC.

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
"He is the first French rider overall."

Isn't this a big deal....?.....isn't the team sponsor French.....?...

I understand under normal circumstance Gadget should give his wheel up......but might this be a unique situation...?...It's not like Roche was 30 seconds behind Schleck in the GC.

He was 14th in GC tryin to get a top 10 in GC. You don't blow off your GC guy to better yourself.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
He was 14th in GC tryin to get a top 10 in GC. You don't blow off your GC guy to better yourself.
Top french finisher in the Tour De France on a french sponsored team isn't a big deal.....?....also maybe Gadret still thought he could get time in the mountains on Roche straight up.....that high in the mountains it does become 'every man for himself' in certain situations...

...not sure this is that cut and dry that he gives up his wheel....

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
Top french finisher in the Tour De France on a french sponsored team isn't a big deal.....?....also maybe Gadret still thought he could get time in the mountains on Roche straight up.....that high in the mountains it does become 'every man for himself' in certain situations...

...not sure this is that cut and dry that he gives up his wheel....
The team director was screaming in his ear, he ignored it. He is paid, it is his job. You go to work , ignore your boss and see what happens....just sayin

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Looking at Gadret bio he is having the race of his life in the Tour....

So yeah......"Non." !!

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
You think that makes it ok to ignore the boss? It wasbhis job to get their GC guy through the mountains. His job , what he is paid to do. He doesn't do his job.

I just find it interesting you think that's ok.
I understand your stance and it is valid. There might be some backstory here we don't know. Roche's story is definitely fresh with emotion. But for a guy 14th in the GC without a list of impressive finishes in Grand Tours his reaction sounds a bit much. Roche has not established himself as a Grand Tour heavy hitter. Maybe he has a bit of an entitlement attitude because of his Dad....i'm not sure.

Either way, high in the mountains at some point each man has to stand on his own. If Roche was 30 seconds off the podium that is one thing but he wasn't. Gadret may have had great legs and felt he could make his own history on that day....and then put the team GC decision in the hands of his manager. Seeing how Gadret is french he might have been having a day he dreamed of his whole life. The guy is 31 and has been a domestique dog his entire career. I don't blame him one bit.

"Non." :thumb:

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Performance on Stage 17:

Both riders obviously VERY strong.

12. ROCHE Nicolas 81 AG2R LA MONDIALE 5h 06' 55" + 03' 26"
13. KLÖDEN Andréas 24 TEAM RADIOSHACK 5h 06' 59" + 03' 30"
14. GADRET John 85 AG2R LA MONDIALE 5h 07' 04" + 03' 35"