Quantcast

Would I be cheating myself....

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
If I were to get one of the lower end Fuji road bikes?

I am a DH/FR guy, and also ride trails. I really want to get a road bike just to be able to get out and go, keep the legs spinning when I cant get to the trails.

I have a VERY limited amount of cash, and I just want somthing I can pedal, and it wont break every mile. I am a fairly competent mechanic, so I can fix minor things.

The biggest thing I'm worried about is componants. I have been asking around at the shop I work at, and eveyone says its worth spending the extra money to get the bike eqipped with 105 stuff. On my trail and DH bike, I ride with base bottom Deore stuff, because I dont see the need for XT or XTR, but I have heard that in the road world, it makes a HUGE difference.

Bottom line is, I am not worried about weight, I just want a fairly inexpensive bike that will shift "good enough", and hold up to me doing at most, 75 mi/week

The bike everyone in my shop says that I should go for is the Tirrenno Razza 2.0 with carbon fork, 105, yadda yadda. Retail, $850

one of the other ones I was looking at, for muuuch cheaper, is the Fuji Finest Al , which retails for $630, but is on sale for like ~$500or somthing (last years model)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ask Opie - he bought one and thinks he loves it but he hasn't ridden anything else... :blah:

Honestly though you really don't want anything less than one-o-five but... getting rolling is important. Buy what you can afford and hit the road. :thumb: