Quantcast

Would it be a wise choise if I were to?

I ordered a Manitua Sherman plus thinking I was going to put it on my M-pire that I am going to recieve in a couple of months. Well I the mean while I got an Evil hardtail, and I was going to put a Boxxer Race"with the Black Box valving" on the evil. But I was thinking it would make more sense if I where to put the single crown on the Evil, so that way I can adjust the travel. But the M-pire would be sweet if I would put the single on that, nice and light and I would like to see what the fork could handle.

lata

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by adrenalinerush
I ordered a Manitua Sherman plus thinking I was going to put it on my M-pire that I am going to recieve in a couple of months. Well I the mean while I got an Evil hardtail, and I was going to put a Boxxer Race"with the Black Box valving" on the evil. But I was thinking it would make more sense if I where to put the single crown on the Evil, so that way I can adjust the travel. But the M-pire would be sweet if I would put the single on that, nice and light and I would like to see what the fork could handle.

lata
i thought you couldn't black box a boxxer race? Doesn't it have different cartridges than the team/world cup?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by Fulton
i thought you couldn't black box a boxxer race? Doesn't it have different cartridges than the team/world cup?
it depends on what your definition of "blackbox" is. There is an available rebound base valve for the 03s that had less-than desirable rebound control, so this is probably what he is referring to.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Originally posted by Fulton
You cannot do any of the "blackbox" tuning tricks to a race. There is not cartridge to tune, it's a dummy leg.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

lata
Um why put a single crown on a Dh bike, and a dual crown 6" fork on a hardtail?

That is ridiculous. Scratch that, reverse it.:rolleyes:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Interesting thought:rolleyes: but I dont think that is true.
So you like radically changing geometry, screwy laid back positions and lack of steering radius?

The evil is a great bike, put a nice 4 or 5" single crown on it and let it live up to it's full potential.

Originally posted by Transcend
Um why put a single crown on a Dh bike, and a dual crown 6" fork on a hardtail?

That is ridiculous. Scratch that, reverse it.:rolleyes:
Well it wasnt suppose to be like this, here is the story in a nut shell. I regionaly had a hardtail with a Phsyol(sp) on it, and I bent the steer tube on it. Well this bike was going to be my my fun bike to use, I didnt want to invest anther fork in this frame because its crap and I was afraid that if I were to buy anther fork for this frame I would probly just brake the frame. So I got the Evil because I had the extra fork and I no the frame can take some abuse. And I dont want to buy anther fork for the Evil so thats y I was going put the boxxer on it.

So it does make sense to switch the forks, I just wanted to try the fork out, on the M-pire, for what it is, and keep the weight down. So probly I am going to just switch them.