Quantcast

Would someone please turn on the A/C

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
My office partner and I are sitting here in our office sweating like a stuck pig because some old hag four offices down can't get her heart rate up enough to pump blood down to her toes. She's one of those type of people who complain at EVERYTHING.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Used to work in an office that had the same battle going on. Nazi thermostat lady didn't have a metobolism and needed to have the building at 98 degrees. A couple of the guys in the office went on a deodorant and shower strike. When the office manager found out why his cube farm stunk like B.O he bought the cold blooded lizard lady a heating pad for her chair and locked the thermo at a reasonable temp.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
we just need to kill all the old people and be done with it. I couldnt get my tricked out mustang over 30mph when i was in florida cus of all the old people driving with their blinkers stuck on in all lanes of traffic.

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
I ****ing love Logan's Run, easily a top 10 movie for me....especially the ice cave scene, Jenny Agutter :drool:

stoney98, I only wish it was that easy. Its like she senses when someone is near the controls, no sooner do you turn it down she is up turning it back up and she will stomp down the hall complaining about how cold it is in here.

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Office mate just got up and turned down the A/C he said it was set to 80.

Took her six minutes to change the A/C this time, she must have been on the toliet or something. She will actually tell people on the phone to hold on and go turn the A/C up. I haven't worked here over the winter, but I'm already preparing for war.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
gigapower said:
Office mate just got up and turned down the A/C he said it was set to 80.

Took her six minutes to change the A/C this time, she must have been on the toliet or something. She will actually tell people on the phone to hold on and go turn the A/C up. I haven't worked here over the winter, but I'm already preparing for war.
Put a sticky note on it saying "If you're cold, get a damn blanket."

We don't have AC at my house and since I don't work, I'm stuck in hot weather anyways. :rolleyes:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Set the thermostat then break it so she can't change it. Or team up against her... you turn down the therm while your buddy waits out of sight by her cube/office. When she gets up to change it again, he messes up something in her office. Or set the therm and superglue it into place.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Put a micro switch in the thermostat that gets actuated when the lever is moved above 76. Have the micro switch control a relay that delivers a few thousand volts of electricity that has been stored in a 100 Farad capacitor.

Edit: A less lethat easier to build shock system like this can easily be made from the flash system of a disposable camera.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i think if its warmer than 80 degrees in your inside workplace you can leave work until it is cool enough to return.. or the two of you should chip in and buy the lady a sweater

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Oh my gosh, if one bitchy lady was holding me from getting my work done, I would be pissed. Like someone said on here, you can put a sweater on, but you cant take anymore clothes off. Devise some skemmy plan and keep us updated man. Is there anyway you could get a picture of this "cold" lady.

J

JRB

Maybe you should stand by it and just knock the piss out of her every time she reaches for it. She should get the point. Post pics or a vid of this action.

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
firetoole, I owe you as you just gave me the best idea.....I'm going to take the lock box off the control on another floor and put it on the one in question. I shall get you A/C Nazi!!!!

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
I think blocking the control is going to lead to a swift victory for me. One thing that I did think about though, I can't do it while she or anyone else is in the office so I will just have to stay late Monday and do it, that is ok....I can handle one more day of sweating.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Hahaha, she must be one of those ladies that gets there super early too. Is she, because if she would that would put the icing on the cake. You should tell her, "I thought I got a job at [insert your job here], not at a retirement home to cater to your [insert lots of curse words] needs".

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
All componets are now in my possesion, office mate thinks this is not going to end well. I'm thinking office mate is turning into a wuss.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
well it's obvious it probabbly won't end well, but it is just too funny not to.

you should lock a note in there too or a drawing of a hand with the middle finger up

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Westy said:
Edit: A less lethat easier to build shock system like this can easily be made from the flash system of a disposable camera.
Yeah, I found that out the hard way once. Damn my curiosity, I shouldn't have taken it apart with it charged up. Zap.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
this thread is the best. I used to have this problem when I started here. (I am a manager) Anyway I had a lifer (long time employee) that would bitch and moan about hot cold it was if the ac was set any where below 75. I was in a shirt and tie and dying. Anyway shortly after I got here, we remodeled the office, and I went out and bought an electronic thermostat that has an electronic lock on it. I just explained to the general contractor why I bought it and he was happy to install it for me late one evening. It rocks!

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
My office, despite being across the hall, is controlled by the same thermostat as the server room. Which translates into my office being a robot-friendly 60 degrees pretty much all summer, and me freezing my nuts to my office chair.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
clancy98 said:
My office, despite being across the hall, is controlled by the same thermostat as the server room. Which translates into my office being a robot-friendly 60 degrees pretty much all summer, and me freezing my nuts to my office chair.
Are you a farking CHIC? (no offense to any rippin chics of course) Seriously you might as well turn in your nut sack, or leave them frozen to your chair.

What a disgrace to the rest of us with testicles. :nope:

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Are you a farking CHIC? (no offense to any rippin chics of course) Seriously you might as well turn in your nut sack, or leave them frozen to your chair.

What a disgrace to the rest of us with testicles. :nope:
yeah, hows florida, tough guy?

dont tell me about cold.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
no, I was complaining about it being cold in the OFFICE,

which is entirely different. You may work in the SUMMER, but I work in an OFFICE.

Since I am NOT BITCHING about the weather, which I enjoy.

turdburglar!

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
** sniff sniff, whine **

its too hot in here!

The summertime hurts my skin! Someone refrigerate me quick, before I god forbid start to sweat through my new shirt from Express (for men)

gigapower

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Clancy98 I will trade you offices.

Sorry about the crummy picture I saw the AC Nazi helping out a CSR today while I was coming out from the server room so I pulled out the RAZR and snapped this pic:

She is on the right, wearing two shirts and a sweater.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
gigapower said:
Clancy98 I will trade you offices.

Sorry about the crummy picture I saw the AC Nazi helping out a CSR today while I was coming out from the server room so I pulled out the RAZR and snapped this pic:

She is on the right, wearing two shirts and a sweater.
Looks like a Humpbacked AC Nazi, they're the worst.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
clancy98 said:
the gap huh? Sure you want to post that?

I didnt say I was proud. I said I was unoriginal, and lazy too. Its hard not to be coordinated when you walk out the door when all your crap is from the same store.

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
I didnt say I was proud. I said I was unoriginal, and lazy too. Its hard not to be coordinated when you walk out the door when all your crap is from the same store.

... and with everyone else since their crap is from the same store too.

I make all my own clothes. From 100% organically grown hemp. and I don't use artificial dyes. Teh GHAP suxors. ;)