Quantcast

Would Someone Turn the Heat Back On!

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Yesterday I started my ride in sleet, as I worked my way up the ridge it turned to snow. It was great- no wind and very quiet. It also became very foggy. I think visibility was maybe 100 yards. I saw something ahead on the trail maybe another biker? Not possible since I never see anyone out here. There were four elk off the trail grazing in the snow and fog, I stopped to savor the moment. They continued to graze and I captured the moment in my mind and then continued the ride.

The sun was warm but the wind was chill.
You know how it is with an April day.
When the sun is out and the wind is still,
You're one month on in the middle of May.
But if you so much as dare to speak,
a cloud come over the sunlit arch,
And wind comes off a frozen peak,
And you're two months back in the middle of March.
- Robert Frost

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Heidi said:
Nice!

Last time out, I came across some GIGANTINORMOUS wild turkeys!
Funny you should mention that while on the ride I heard a turkey gobbling in the woods down a ravine. He kept it up for at least 10 minutes until I left the area, first time I had heard one. He must have been enjoying the spring snow. Btw turkey hunting season starts here on April 15 and goes till May 15.

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
me and sean saw a "thing" in the woods at two sev. kinda scarry, think it was a bear or somthing of sorts, not like a deer or an elk. cunking aound and not beeing quiet at all.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Corporatefailure said:
me and sean saw a "thing" in the woods at two sev. kinda scarry, think it was a bear or somthing of sorts, not like a deer or an elk. cunking aound and not beeing quiet at all.
That was probably just somebody dumping another body....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i've been seeing tons of raptors lately. i was working in the University District of Seattle at Roosevelt High School and was lucky enough to see a pair of bald eagles bare their talons and dive towards a kill. It was really impressive, i've never seen em go for a kill, their claws are very pronounced when in strike mode. The crows were going crazy so i was wondering if they were after a crow baby or a baby duck, anyways by the time we got to a better view to the other side of the roof they were just hovering ignoring the crows, then they caught a thermal and were gone....
i was busy talking to some guys on another roof that i was at today in Redmond and just right on cue an Osprey with fish in claws came flying by. Probably headed to feed it's young, it was so cool, i wish i had been toting a camera.
We get real close to the birds up on them roofs, it's pretty cool.

Apr 12, 2005
I'm from FL and recently when riding I came around a corner only to find an alligator (~7ft) lying across the trail!! I'll be riding in Spokane in July and it's great to hear about what to expect when there!!! This thread makes me want to be there....
...that is, except for the dead bodies...we have enough of those here so nothing new :cool: