Quantcast

Would this really void my warranty?

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
I may get a Verde Vex from danscomp, but I read on the page somewhere that if you assemble the bike yourself it voids the warranty. For the warranty to be active you have to show them a receipt from a bike shop stating that they assembled it. Would Verde really void the warranty because it wasnt assembled by a bike shop or do they just write that for legal reasons or something.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I may get a Verde Vex from danscomp, but I read on the page somewhere that if you assemble the bike yourself it voids the warranty. For the warranty to be active you have to show them a receipt from a bike shop stating that they assembled it. Would Verde really void the warranty because it wasnt assembled by a bike shop or do they just write that for legal reasons or something.
Yes, they probably would void the warranty for that reason--if that's what the warranty actually says.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
If they really wanted to be dicks I'm sure the could screw you on it
Either through the bike shop a couple bones to put it together or
just say **** it and do it yourself.
Kind of a bull**** (yet smart) technicality on Verde's part

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
what a hell? never heard of this.
i dont think you need to worry about it - there is really no need to drag the bike to your local bike shop if you can just do it yourself, at home, while drinking beer and listening to tunes. plus you get to know your bike really well as you build it.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Pretty sure that complete bikes come mostly assembled.

You will need a few basic tools. Allen/hex wrench (4, 5, 6, 8), deep 17mm socket(if you're running pegs).

You can easily put this bike together, if you use common sense and ask questions if you get stuck.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Thats actually the case with most bikes. If you feel comfortable building it, and you want to be on the safe side, I would go into your bike shop, say you bought the bike and you wanted them to check it over for safety's sake. With any luck they will give you a "general labor fee" and you can give that to Verde if the occasion calls for it.

But in reality, I have never had any company ask me for the original receipt when warrantying parts.

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
It's a Verde. You won't need to warranty it! Build it yourself, ride it with confidence.
I heard the cheap Verdes snap easily though. Also, it's not that im expecting it to break,its that if it does I have a backup plan.

Rambo

Chimp
Apr 12, 2010
what are they selling at your local shop though?
a few mirracos, also my bike shop is full of a**holes and everything is triple the price it should be. The other bike shop doesnt even sell bmx bikes but I don't want to pay someone for something I can do.