Votes: 13 21.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Lets start with a little bike history: from 2002 to 2006 I was on a Giant DH Team (Avy shock) and 2006 to now a Glory (Pushed DHX5). Pretty sure that after 4 years I still prefered the DH Team (hopefully not just because of the Avy!)

So I've been eyeing up a new frame or two recently. The Transition TR450 is a damn nice looking bike, only the rear dropouts look a little workman like imo. The Commencal Supreme DH also appeals to me as the more tried and trusted of two (proven to win World Championships as long as the fastest rider falls off ;))

It looks like I've found myself a very nice deal on a 2010 Commencal, and when Transitions arrive I'd imagine I'll be spending full rrp (or very close to it).

So what to do? Whats RM's opinion between the two? Feel free to leave a comment or just vote away! e-speculation and e-engineering are, of course, always welcome!

Cheers,

Mark

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Nah thanks, would be frame only - and from the UK
How much does the TR cost in the uk? It seems unprooven but transition has 10x better cs than commencal where people wait quite long for their warranty frames to get to them. Though I doubt the new commy will crack at 5.7kg with damper :/ I'd get the tranny unless it's close to 1900pounds because then I'd go with Banshee Legend from the freeborn guys.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
RRP on a TR450 is £1899! However the Commencal retails at something silly like £2300! I would not be paying that however.

Although I've no doubt about Transitions CS, their dealers here are few and far between. Commencal are a fair bit more common for dealers.

TBH, I cannot stand the look of that new Banshee - it didn't even get on the possibles list

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
2300Ł???? I've seen makulus go for that price (with bos). That's mad. Tranny for sure (or if it's a colour thing wait for the 2 other colorus on the legend to be released).
I'm also pretty sure 2010 demos go for somewhere close to that price. What about mondraker? We have some great prices on them in Poland, how is it in the uk?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
aye, being somewhat overbuilt will do that ;) not really got my heart set on anything, just never been that big a fan of the glory :(
Commencals are also quite overbuilt so I'm pretty sure they'll live long as long as there will be problems with susp play/bearings.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Keep in mind you wont get the TR for quite some time. They told that, if ordered now, to not expect the frame to be shipped until mid April.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
ive always liked the look of those commencals and my little bro has a meta 55, it seems like a nice bike. Hes fat and beats it to **** and has held up well.

I dont really think you can go wrong with either the Transition or a commencal. My vote however is a Evil Revolt, but im biased about it being the best bike i've ridden.

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
I never really liked the commencal's. I hated the look of them and everything. A month ago I rode with a guy that had one and Im in love. The quality was awesome, and in person it was just wow. I didnt ride it much but it is on my short list of bikes I want now.