Quantcast

would you do it?

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
so if any of you that read my post about my crappy day monday, may rember that i said i was in risk of getting laid off due to high steel prices....well the job market for drafters in this area is pretty much laughable unless you want to do architecture...and my knowledge of the subject is pretty slim and i'm pretty slow when it comes to architecture....i can always go back to my old job if i wanted to, it would be a fairly big cut in pay though...anywho i digress, no one really likes the head engineer at our job, he's annoying, he's constantly contradicting himself, and he just sucks to be around when it comes to conversation...well today he asked me if i wanted to go to a baseball game tomorrow during our lunch break with 6 other people from there including the president of the company...he said he thought i deserved it for my good work(since i am a damn good draftsman) and also because he kind of felt bad since he couldn't let have 4 day work weeks, benefits, or the higher raise he promised...so my question is, would you go, even though you know as soon as you get back you'll be getting endless grief from pretty much all of you're co-workers for a long time, but could possibly help you keep your job when it comes time to lay people off

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
Well if the co workers arent going to start paying your bills who cares what they say.

Edit** oh and i meant to add. If you end up getting laid off anyway at least you got a free game out of it.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
i'd do it. a baseball game can still be fun and if it helps buy you some time with the job it's worth it. it's always better to leave on YOUR terms. as for the heckling from the co-workers...when they start ask which one of them is in jeapordy of losing their jobs...then tell them to STFU. :biggrin:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do it. If he invited you, there was a reason. NEVER turn down an invitation from a superior if it might keep your job or increase your pay.
Also, start looking outside of Arkansas for jobs. It's amazing what you van get when you open up your horizons.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Go. If you get laid off, how much per week do your co-workers pay you?

If you asked them, they'd do the same thing. Well, at least the ones that are in danger of losing their jobs.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Stay back at the office & take the opportunity to sniff the seats int he ladies room.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Double A. NWA Naturals.

The games are fun, go.
Their website lists the following beers at the park:

2 Beer Carts Featuring:
Miller Lite: $5.00
Miller Genuine Draft: $5.00
Corona: $5.00
Modelo : $5.00
Shiner Bock: $5.00
Bud Light: $5.00
Budweiser: $5.00
Miller Chill: $5.00
Smirnoff Ice: $6.50

:hmm:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Their website lists the following beers at the park:

2 Beer Carts Featuring:
Miller Lite: $5.00
Miller Genuine Draft: $5.00
Corona: $5.00
Modelo : $5.00
Shiner Bock: $5.00
Bud Light: $5.00
Budweiser: $5.00
Miller Chill: $5.00
Smirnoff Ice: $6.50

:hmm:
piss comes in that many flavors?

cannondalejunky

ease dropper
Jun 19, 2005
Arkansas
well i went to the game, and of course there's a few people here giving me crap, and one guy is mad because he didn't get asked to go..and as for the head of engineering looking for a replacement, i doubt they'd want to have a 22 year old who is just trying to get an associates degree

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
....& you could have been sniffing toilet seats. :nope:

well i went to the game, and of course there's a few people here giving me crap, and one guy is mad because he didn't get asked to go..and as for the head of engineering looking for a replacement, i doubt they'd want to have a 22 year old who is just trying to get an associates degree

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
For the people bitching, they've probably been doing this job for years are feel jilted. The higher-ups are probably trying to keep you happy so you stay.