Quantcast

Would you drive 50 miles & pay $40 to ride @ a lift acessable bike park?

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
i think it would be awesome and a lot of people would be into it.

how bout this what if the lift access was a shuttle? would everyone still be on board?

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
you all live on the wrong side of the planet!

Maribor: 10min. ride with my bike
Schladming: 2,5h ride by car
Leogang: 3,5h ride by car

+ several gondolas in an 100 km range from where i live
+ 1 killer trail by the seaside (2,5h car ride) for winter training in the dry...
this weekend: 1x Maribor for me, please! ;-)

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I am taking a survey, to show to the marketing deparents of the local mountians in southern California, this is an attempt to sway the powers that be into buildinga bike park. This survey will help to deteime if a market exist to justify such a large undertaking.

Do you want a bike park in so cal?

Is price a concern?

How far are you willing to drive to ride a sick bike park?
You are attempting to due market research by asking questions on the Internet? Good luck with that. The resorts are going to want to know why its in their interest to have a bike park. I would suggest trying to get numbers from a resort like Whistler to show that it can be a profitable venture

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
if you really want to impress the resort, do a real marketing study...only cheat by having a local college do it.

Approach a university marketing professor and find out if any of their students are having to do real world marketing studies as projects...usually sophomore/junior classes. Give them the parameters, let the professor and students brainstorm the data segments that are going to be key. They'll do the research, crunch the numbers...and of course manipulate them to your advantage!
Usually...it's free to you other than maybe paying for their printing costs. :thumb:

Wadsworth

Chimp
Apr 9, 2007
I would easily drive greater than 50 miles, and would likely pay $40 to ride a bike park.

If said bike park showed a genuine interest in trail construction through a full time dedicated trail crew, progressive trail design, and a willingness to communicate with the riders in order to achieve a superior product...........I might even come back every weekend..........and post about it gushingly on the internet which would no doubt boost ticket sales. :)
Agreed. This post says it all

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA
Find someone that works at Northstar and pay them $100 to steal their statistics. I would guess that over 50% of the riders on any given weekend day are from the Bay Area, which is a 3-4 hour drive.

Northstar finally put some effort into the place and they were rewarded with way more riders than they expected this year.

I'm sure a good SoCal park would get even more visitors than Northstar.

aniki123

Chimp
Jul 26, 2007
of course i would i drive 2 hours every other day and spend 39 dollars to ride my lift accecable park in the summer