Quantcast

Would you pay $10k for a bike?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Giant had one just like that last year before tour de france. there was something like only 10 of them made.

and no i wouldn't
you could build up just as good of a ride for half that.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
"Hi, I'm a yuppie with more money than sense. Do you have anything in the way of a rolling status symbol? You know the beemer isn't enough."

Shop rat: "We've got the bike for you" ;)

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I wouldn't spend that on a drumkit, let alone a bike.

Hell, I wouldn't spend that on 5 bikes.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I got to ride the super $$$ scott bike this summer. It was the only road bike i had ever ridden and i thought it sucked (the bike and the road part). The seat made me sore! Although i expected there to be allot more vibration with 80 PSI in the tires and no suspension, so i guess the carbon works well.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
mack said:
I got to ride the super $$$ scott bike this summer. It was the only road bike i had ever ridden and i thought it sucked (the bike and the road part). The seat made me sore! Although i expected there to be allot more vibration with 80 PSI in the tires and no suspension, so i guess the carbon works well.
There would have been a lot more vibration if you had the tires properly inflated to 120psi. :rolleyes:

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
punkassean said:
There would have been a lot more vibration if you had the tires properly inflated to 120psi. :rolleyes:
HELL NO! you should have seen the seat on this mother! It looked somthing the spanish inquisition might have used! 80 is fine for me. :p