Quantcast

Would you rather...

Drown or burn

• Total voters

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I have a little experience with his, in a kind-of-sort-of way. When I got hit, the lungs collapsing/filling with my own blood/not being able to breathe in the ambulance thing, was by far the worst, only time I felt scared, part of the whole original "incident". Not being able to breathe was when I started to panic. As a kid and young adult, I also spent a sh1t ton of time in the river and ocean, many scary moments were had.

Not that fire would be a trip to Disneyland, but I for sure don't want to drown.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Light my cracker ass up. Almost drown twice as a kid, not fun. As a smith and former cook I've been burned many times. I'll take that over the fear and panic that comes with not be able to breath. A few years ago I thought I was having a heart attack while riding. Fire and rescue team, ambulance, and EKG made for a very scary day/night. Burning would most certainly kick in some massive amounts of adrenaline and give you little time to experience that paralyzing sense of fear.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Wouldn't the heat make you pretty much not be able to breath, while enduring the agony of being on fire?

I choose catapult.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Seems like drowning wouldn't hurt and would be faster. Unless of course you are drowned in a tub of boiling water...then it'd probably hurt. And no, I have no sympathy for the lobster. That's why they are here.

(ok, a little sympathy for the lobster, but I'm still gonna eat him)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i'm thinking the burn would cause an endorphin rush and that's going to block pain. once the nerves are burned, the pain can't transmit. of course, it would also trigger a hysteria, which might be enough of an altered state to keep you from knowing what is actually going on.

i think the drowning would leave you more aware of your passing. it would be less painful, but more psychologically difficult. drifting off to sleep as the brain is starved of oxygen would be calmer on the outside, but more terrifying.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
i'm thinking the burn would cause an endorphin rush and that's going to block pain. once the nerves are burned, the pain can't transmit. of course, it would also trigger a hysteria, which might be enough of an altered state to keep you from knowing what is actually going on.

i think the drowning would leave you more aware of your passing. it would be less painful, but more psychologically difficult. drifting off to sleep as the brain is starved of oxygen would be calmer on the outside, but more terrifying.