Quantcast

Would you shoot this?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
A .50 cal round, even if it were from a muzzle loader, is plenty enough for an animal of that size. Poor marksmanship is at fault here, not choice of weapon.
The point is it should have been shot when the kid had a good shot or the guides and father should have finished him off immediately. The photo looks doctored and I'm not sure a kid could handle the recoil from a gun that big so who knows what really happened.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The point is it should have been shot when the kid had a good shot or the guides and father should have finished him off immediately. The photo looks doctored and I'm not sure a kid could handle the recoil from a gun that big.
What does that teach him?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
The point is it should have been shot when the kid had a good shot or the guides and father should have finished him off immediately. The photo looks doctored and I'm not sure a kid could handle the recoil from a gun that big so who knows what really happened.
Well, you said
You don't go hunting a deer with a 22, do you? The firepower should be in proportion to the quarry and you should be pretty sure you have a good shot before firing.
So I was just clearing that up for you as I usually have to do with issues you have no idea about.

Now, as for your backup point, who knows what the local and hunting reserve rules are? Maybe it's handgun season, maybe the kid didnt want them to intervene. Either way, who cares? He killed it, he's eating it and you're still retarded. :lighten:

Edit: Im kidding about the retarded thing I guess.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't like the justifications for hunting. People hunt because they like to kill.

Occasionally, a nutjob like Tred Barta, who whittles his own bow and arrows for hunting, makes hunting seem like a challenge.

I eat meat so you can say I am a hypocrite as well. But I think hunting is killing for fun, not the actual hunt. (BTW, I don't see that fat kid running after his prey, do you?)

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Well, you said

So I was just clearing that up for you as I usually have to do with issues you have no idea about.
You seriously think an 11 year old can shoot a .50cal handgun once, let alone 8 times accurately and chase an animal for 3 hours. Look how chubby he is.

Whats wrong with being a responsible hunter or training your son to be one?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I don't like the justifications for hunting. People hunt because they like to kill.

Occasionally, a nutjob like Tred Barta, who whittles his own bow and arrows for hunting, makes hunting seem like a challenge.

I eat meat so you can say I am a hypocrite as well. But I think hunting is killing for fun, not the actual hunt. (BTW, I don't see that fat kid running after his prey, do you?)

Getting an adrenaline rush from killing an animal during a hunt is something that is programmed genetically. The hunt is part of it too, dont discount that. In ancient times, it would've been a huge advantage to LOVE killing, as it wouldve meant more food on the table (or in the cave I guess) and more healthy offspring, and further continuation of ones genes. Now, that might not jive with urban san francisco, but if all of a sudden the grocery store had no groceries....what would happen to you?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
You seriously think an 11 year old can shoot a .50cal handgun once, let alone 8 times accurately and chase an animal for 3 hours. Look how chubby he is.

Whats wrong with being a responsible hunter or training your son to be one?

I shot a 12 gauge proficiently at that age. I dont see it being that difficult depending on the cartridge and the shooter's experience.

Edit: I know full grown men who've tracked injured deer for hours and had rifles, so really, again, what's the big deal? The pig is dead. Who cares?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
It teaches him to make sure he has a better shot next time.
Practice makes perfect. I think he is pretty much ahead of the game. At 11 I was still pretty much regulated to tagging along and helping. He however has a Dad cool and patient enough to let his son learn what the gig is. Dragging that pig out that holler was prolly more work then you and everyone posting here have done in 2 years. I am almost sure he was involved in that. You usually never shoot anything near the trailhead....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Again, it's a private reserve. Look up the rules that the club has set if you want to pretend to be knowledgable some more.
What are you retarded too, you said:

Now, as for your backup point, who knows what the local and hunting reserve rules are?
So I was just clearing that up for you as I usually have to do :wait:

I was in WAS for 14 years. You know Tom Brown and John Young know a fair bit about the wilderness and animal tracking, they are pretty good teachers.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
What are you retarded too, you said:

So I was just clearing that up for you as I usually have to do :wait:

I was in WAS for 14 years. You know Tom Brown and John Young know a fair bit about the wilderness and animal tracking...

So can you just not read, because, as you CLEARLY quoted me, I said:

and hunting reserve rules are?
And I also mentioned that the kid or whoever else might just have wanted him to do it by himself. Again, who cares? If you were half as knowledgable as you pretend to be, I wouldnt have had to explain that the gun was plenty big enough either. This is a stupid debate.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
And I also mentioned that the kid or whoever else might just have wanted him to do it by himself. Again, who cares? If you were half as knowledgable as you pretend to be, I wouldnt have had to explain that the gun was plenty big enough either. This is a stupid debate.
I know how big the gun is, but the original press photo looks doctored and I don't believe it really was a .50cal handgun. edit: Its also possible he's really sitting on his knee 5-10feet in back of the pig to make it look bigger, but the photograph makes it look exaggerated.

My main point is the pig suffered more than necessary and the hunters were irresponsible if they all had their guns on the pig.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I know how big the gun is, but the original press photo looks doctored and I don't believe it really was a .50cal handgun.
Now you're just making things up to save face.

My main point is the pig suffered more than necessary and the hunters were irresponsible if they all had their guns on the pig.
What is "more than necessary" ? Do you define what that is for the rest of the humanity or is there some universal dictionary where we can get that answer? It's irrelevant like your posts.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So why are we poking fun at a kid because he is fat? Jealous of his tenacity and skill? Yep - I think the fat boy may have caused some of you to question the size of your testicles...

As for fishing... I like to fish, tricking a fish isn't as easy as one would suppose. :monkey:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Ahaha Syadasti's uncontrolled compulsion to be right mixed with Burly's wearing thin patience makes for some great reading.

Dat's a fat piggy, i would have tried to ride it before i killed it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The only true way to eat meat is just like this. You kill something in the wild instead of a eating a chicken that had 0.8sq.ft. for itself during its life or the baby cow that was in a dark warehouse.

hunting is real.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
http://monsterpig.com/

Holy tapdancing Christ. Apparently Daddy can pay for a hunting guide and a $1500 handgun, but he can't afford to pay a monkey to put up a page that doesn't make my eyes bleed.

Jamison received a congratulation from:
Rickey Medlocke of Lynyrd Skynyrd - Kenny Chesney - Tom Knapp & Tim Bradley of Benelli - Jerry Miculek of Smith & Wesson
and his Hero's from our Armed Forces around the world

Book lerning es overatted, son.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The only true way to eat meat is just like this. You kill something in the wild instead of a eating a chicken that had 0.8sq.ft. for itself during its life or the baby cow that was in a dark warehouse.

hunting is real.

Free range pork chops. Sounds to hippy for me, I'd prefer eating meat from an animal that was raised wallowing in it's own feces.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I understand the people who kill for the meat. I understand those that kill for protection of their investment (farmers etc)... but I don't really get those that hunt for "SPORT" It makes me wonder if they have issues with their sexuality, or are compensating for the size of their appendage!
:stupid:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
So why are we poking fun at a kid because he is fat?
Sorry we all must have missed the PSA that says "celebrate obesity". Maybe if his father plays his cards right with that "500 to 700 pounds" of pork sausage he can have a trophy kid too :clapping:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh

Hey... I carve my own decoys for hunting geese... (but there are plenty of other reasons you would label me as a NutJob! ):twitch:

My reasons for not hunting game animals are... #1. Bek is a vegetarian (who eats chicken and turkey on occasion) so I would be the only one in my family that would eat it the meat, and I don't like to waste. #2... I am a pretty damn good shot with a rifle, so I don't deer hunt because around here with the number of dear around it isn't that much of a hunt as it is a shooting gallery... hence the reason I hunted with a bow with no sights... IF I COULDN'T MAKE THE KILL SHOT (or what I thought would be the kill shot) I WOULDN'T SHOOT!

#3... NO I wouldn't have shot the pig because I am allergic to pork! and if I can't eat it why should I kill it?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I personally am not a hunter, but I have no problem with it WHATSOEVER. We didn't get to the top of the food chain by being a bunch of sissies and vegetarians.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I got into an argument with my ex-girlfriend about this. I didn't have a problem with hunting, she thought it was disgusting. I just pointed out all the meat she's eaten in her life, from industrial feedlots and slaughterhouses, and how disgusting that is. Bottom line is if you eat meat you can't hate on hunting. Both ways an animal dies, at least with hunting it dies more-or-less naturally after life as a wild animal, not after a miserable life in a feedlot.