Votes: 30 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 56 65.1%

• Total voters

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Im not talking about a "survival" scenario here... but a totally different situation.

Suppose that you or a close friend were in an accident, and subsequently needed to have an arm or a leg amputated. After the procedure, the doctor is cool enough to let you bring the severed limb home with you.

Would you be willing to cook some meat from yourself or a friend up on the grill, just to see what it tastes like?

Im sure you're thinking "hell no," but stop and consider thoroughly before you answer. Few people in this day and age are able to say they've actually tried human meat before. I mean, it would be a pretty kick ass story to tell. And honestly, people probably taste a lot like pork... which is pretty good. And you'd be saving some money on a meal too. Im pretty sure I would give it a try.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I just finished reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I can't think of nothing more abhorrant.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
It would taste like a very fatty pork with little to no flavor for most Americans. The ones that are fit and trim as well as athletic would taste something like Chicken, snake or frog due to it's fast twitch muscle build.

I don't think that I would try it though.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
No, simply because, and I wish I could find the reference for this, but I read/heard somewhere that there is so much junk/crap/sh!t in our bodies that human meat would not pass even the most basic FDA tests. In short, human meat is not fit for human consumption.:bad::butcher:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've eaten a lot of weird sht in my time and travels.

I'd say if the scenario allowed it, then yes.

RayB

Monkey
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
If it was my own meat, sure, why the hell not?

If my arm falls off, it's well within my rights to cook it and eat it. It's not any worse than losing an arm in the 1st place.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I ate a big chunk of my lower lip when a friend punched me in the face after I told him his GF was a raging bitch. Some people just can't handle the truth.