Wouldn't a simple "BOO!" worked better?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:eek:

Hiccups lead to two deaths
Reuters | Wed Jan 25, 9:44 AM ET

BOGOTA, Colombia - A Colombian man accidentally shot his nephew to death while trying to cure his hiccups by pointing a revolver at him to scare him, police in the Caribbean port city of Barranquilla said on Tuesday.

After shooting 21-year-old university student David Galvan in the neck, his uncle, Rafael Vargas, 35, was so distraught he turned the gun on himself and committed suicide, police said.

The incident took place on Sunday night while the two were having drinks with neighbors.

Galvan started to hiccup and Vargas, who works as a security guard, said he would use the home remedy for hiccups of scaring him. He pulled out his gun, pointed it at Galvan and it accidentally went off, witnesses told local television.

"They were drinking but they were aware of what was going on," one witness said.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
N8 said:
Hiccups lead to two deaths
Reuters | Wed Jan 25, 9:44 AM ET
<snip>
The incident took place on Sunday night while the two were having drinks with neighbors.
<snip>
Can you imagine witnessing that?

:eek:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I get rid of the hiccups by taking as deep a breath as I can and holding it until I can't take it anymore. It usually works, although the method above probably works faster.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Well then, I guess we have found the single best cure for all illness. Got the flu? well I think my handy revolver can take care of that. Malaria, Hah my revolver laughs in the face of malaria. Bird flu, what the heck is bird flu anyways enough with the bird flu...my revolver can handle some stinkin birds.