Quantcast

Wow — Someone finally gets it!

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
So one of the hens at work comes up to me today to tell me that she lost 39 pounds. (No, I didn't tell her to look behind her to find it. :D )
She said she's been eating sensibly, watching how much she does eat, and has been avoiding as much of the multidudinous snacks that litter our office area as possible. Plus she's been exercising and is starting to feel really good. "I just started losing weight as soon as I did that," she reported.
I'm glad I can lead by example -- she told me she notices that I don't partake at the daily donut table (actually it's mostly because I'm antisocial) -- now maybe some of the other Atkins cult members will learn from her.
I've been saying this for 3.5 years. It's about time it sunk into someone's head.

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
dh girlie said:
Uhhh...ok...about time WHAT exactly sunk into someone...anyones head? Is the moral of the story something like this: become an anti-social prick and skip the donuts? :D HAHAHAHAHAH!
No, I meant that instead of subscribing to the latest fad diet, or wonder why you can't lose weight while choking down your 3rd cinnamon roll, you use common sense.

The antisocial prick thing while skipping donuts is a dual benefit, separate from this whole issue.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Tweek said:
No, I meant that instead of subscribing to the latest fad diet, or wonder why you can't lose weight while choking down your 3rd cinnamon roll, you use common sense.

The antisocial prick thing while skipping donuts is a dual benefit, separate from this whole issue.

OHHHH...ok...yeah its amazing how many people will jump on those diet bandwagons...my friend gets on atkins...loses weight...gets off atkins...gains weight...I tell her she needs to get off her ass an quit smoking so she doesnt hack and cough when she tries to do 5 minutes of exercising...I tried to encourage her to mountain bike by filling her in on all the benefits, (great exercise, fun, you're outdoors seeing animals and pretty scenery, hot boys) but she doesn't like the idea of not being able to smoke while riding...

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
My Mom is on the atkins diet and it bothers me. Take for example the other night, she was eating peanut butter from the jar with a spoon. I said, "that's healthy." She replied with, "it is." <me being angry that she doesn't care enough about us to take care of herself>

jack123

Chimp
Oct 27, 2003
santa barbara
Tweek said:
I haven't suggested biking yet because she'd still probably umm, "lose" her seat.
hahaha. fad diet things are such bs. people should just do it the natural way, healthy diet and working out. good for her.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
reflux said:
My Mom is on the atkins diet and it bothers me. Take for example the other night, she was eating peanut butter from the jar with a spoon. I said, "that's healthy." She replied with, "it is." <me being angry that she doesn't care enough about us to take care of herself>

I thought you were gonna say you were angry cuz she was double dippin in the peanut butter...:blah:

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
dh girlie said:
OHHHH...ok...yeah its amazing how many people will jump on those diet bandwagons...my friend gets on atkins...loses weight...gets off atkins...gains weight...I tell her she needs to get off her ass an quit smoking so she doesnt hack and cough when she tries to do 5 minutes of exercising...I tried to encourage her to mountain bike by filling her in on all the benefits, (great exercise, fun, you're outdoors seeing animals and pretty scenery, hot boys) but she doesn't like the idea of not being able to smoke while riding...
not true, just tell her she can stop and take smoke breaks whenever she wants. that's what someone i know does . . .

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Megan Black said:
not true, just tell her she can stop and take smoke breaks whenever she wants. that's what someone i know does . . .
well see I'm kinda a bitch when it comes to riding and having to stop and wait for someone who needs to smoke and then that whole tossing the cigarette butt on the ground kinda annoys me too...she smokes in her sleep! hahahaha!

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I'm totally with you Tweek. We've got 2 guys in our office having an Atkins based weight loss challenge and have agreed not to excercise to "skew" the results. The best part is that they go to Sam's club twice a week and buy the huge bucket of pork rinds and eat those all day because they have no carbs. I eat my apple and laugh my @ss off.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Mike B. said:
I'm totally with you Tweek. We've got 2 guys in our office having an Atkins based weight loss challenge and have agreed not to excercise to "skew" the results. The best part is that they go to Sam's club twice a week and buy the huge bucket of pork rinds and eat those all day because they have no carbs. I eat my apple and laugh my @ss off.
my stomach turned when I read...pork rinds...that is the most vile food on the face of the planet...fried pig skin... :blah:

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
dh girlie said:
I thought you were gonna say you were angry cuz she was double dippin in the peanut butter...:blah:
Regarding Atkins, I'm am positively against any diet that tells me I can't drink alcohol.

My Mom has recently taken on all the bad habits she told us not to do when we were younger (double-dipping, talking with a mouth full of food, etc.). We were at a party where my Mom complained to me about this one lady who was talking with a mouth full of food--she told me it made her feel naseous(sp?). I stood there for about 30 secs.... said "wtf?" and walked away. Yeah, she still does it, so I just leave without saying anything. She thinks my Dad and I are jokign when we call her out... no. Wtf??? :mumble:

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
my dad lost 45lbs in 3 months riding his road bike. he went from a chub with a beer belly to a 140lb skinny rail and he doenst eat any kind of diet-y foods. meat, potatoes, macaroni whatever. but 2 or so hurs cranking on a roadbike a day, and 2 hours in the gym. the problem is, overwieght people veiw this as 4 hours of work a day just to get thin?!?! no way! he wasnt even trying to loose weight. he just got into excersise.