Quantcast

Wow...Gert Jan possible signed up with Bubba

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I do not know how many of you follow MX, but this photo from saturday was a mind blower to me.
Gert Jan Theunisse, former tour rider, was seen having meetings with James Bubba Stewart this weekend to be his new trainer. I will save the Gert Jan gossip for those that know of his past...but this is pretty wild. The photo should tell the story.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
stiksandstones said:
I do not know how many of you follow MX, but this photo from saturday was a mind blower to me.
Gert Jan Theunisse, former tour rider, was seen having meetings with James Bubba Stewart this weekend to be his new trainer. I will save the Gert Jan gossip for those that know of his past...but this is pretty wild. The photo should tell the story.
I read his article in Cycle Sport earlier this year. He was training for the XC Marathon, and he had one of the worse positions I have seen. He actually set his mountain bike up like a road bike. He also ran slicks and a rigid fork. He is either the greatest handler or planning to be the endo king.

I have to reference the "Winning" magazines in my parents basement, but he was a might bit "intense", if I remember correctly.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Yeah, more like busted 3 times, had a heart attack from all the years of using...was Filip's mentor (Filip got busted using EPO last year)...He also ran the Specialized MTB team for a few years-I saw some 'odd' things in the euro team trailer.
The extra-marital stories are great too! with him and some racer chick.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That is the kind of dirt inquiring minds want to know!

So much for the clean reputation of Euro cyclists. At least EPO is no more dangerous than a glass of O.J.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Gert Jan is a relative from a friend of mine, he used to live 5minutes away from me and I still see him riding by sometimes.
After all the story's Ive heard about Gert Jan, Bubba should stay away from him. He doesnt need crap like that because he's allready the most talented MXer ever. He did amazing things in AMA and I think he could become bigger then RC in time, IF he can clean his act up...