Quantcast

Wow...my cousin finally made it big...i guess

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I just found out that my cousin, mary elizabeth winstead, has a starring role in the new disney flick, "sky high" and the upcoming "final destination 3". uh...cool :D

too bad i haven't seen her in 2 years ;)

mary is pretty cool...too bad her mom is a pill. everytime we meet she (the mom) has to tell everyone about the time she met ron howard at a restaraunt. friggin annoying!

so all this make me think....am i just a regular "achiever" or am i less than that? my brother is an overachiever eye surgeon and my cousin is an upcoming actress and i'm just a city cop :confused: :D :cool:

a little shameless plug here

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
2 things:
1. I think you're doing a kick ass job as a cop and from the looks of it, being a kick ass parent with little manimal.
2. your cousin is damn hot.
(I would put a picture of her up, but imdb won't let me leech their picture stealingness)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
although I may not agree with cops decisions all the time, I still have a tremendous respect for what you do. Civil servant positions are alwyas over worked and underpaid. and with policemen they put their necks out onthe line for us everyday. so heres to you mr. mountain biker/ policeman!!!

oh and by the way... your cousin .... yeah shes hot

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
TreeSaw said:
That's cool, but you're an awesome Dad and out there protecting the public...you have nothing to be worried about. Just a city cop my arse!!! ;)

aww...gee thanks :love:

i'm actually very content with my job...just making an observation about the overachievers in my family. my brother is always trying to get me to move over by him in GA and take a job in the med field where i could "make a lot more $$ than i make now....blah..blah..blah". i just tell him that i love my job and the money isn't really an issue. i'd rather be in that happily middle class bracket and enjoy going to work than be in that comfortable upper-middle class bracket and hate my job.

the standing joke in my family regarding my brother and i is that i break 'em, he fixes them

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
manimal said:
here you go.....and i can get the phone# for the right $$$$ :D

how in the hell did this turn into a thread about you being a cop brandon? anyway how much money are we talkin here?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
biggins said:
how in the hell did this turn into a thread about you being a cop brandon? anyway how much money are we talkin here?

i don't know dude....all of my threads seem to morph into something about cops eventually :rolleyes: :D

as far as money....hmmm...well...uh...first off, what are you intentions w/ my cousin? completely honorable i'm assuming? :nope: :devil:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
manimal said:
i don't know dude....all of my threads seem to morph into something about cops eventually :rolleyes: :D

as far as money....hmmm...well...uh...first off, what are you intentions w/ my cousin? completely honorable i'm assuming? :nope: :devil:
of course they are very honorable intentions. i mean really would you think less from me?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
She's a hottie.

I appreciate far more the job that cops do than actors. In the end the cop does something that's fairly selfless and for the good of the public (and dang dangerous too). The actor is nothing more than a professional bull****ter. :D Of course givin a choice I would rather be an actor then a cop. (Something about the level of danger that just doesn't agree with me.)

Overachiever, underachiever, slacker, hippy.... who cares as long as you are happy with who you are.

She is a hottie, though. And it's nice to see someone work for and achieve their goals, no matter what they be.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Manimal, you think your outta your league?

My cousins:

One graduated from Harvard and Columbia and makes around 500k a year working in new york for a big hedge fund.

My other cousin graduated from Bowdoin and some other buisness school and also makes more money than any one else i know.

My sister goes to Cornell and her lowest grade ever was a B. She too will probably make lots of money...

That just leaves me to be a Mt biker and ski bum... :thumb:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
biggins said:
of course they are very honorable intentions. i mean really would you think less from me?

i'm sorry, what was i thinking to even ask such a question. i mean, what kind of guy would wear a "I PLANT SEED ON THE FIRST DATE" t-shirt and not have honorable intentions :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mack said:
Manimal, you think your outta your league?

My cousins:

One graduated from Harvard and Columbia and makes around 500k a year working in new york for a big hedge fund.

My other cousin graduated from Bowdoin and some other buisness school and also makes more money than any one else i know.

My sister goes to Cornell and her lowest grade ever was a B. She too will probably make lots of money...

That just leaves me to be a Mt biker and ski bum... :thumb:
I'd rather be a mountain biker and ski bum. Offices and suits drive me nuts.