Quantcast

WOW, NY shuts the pats down....

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
I see no duplicates....

Anyhow, NY did a real good job of shutting the Pats down. Thought the Pats got a rhythm with short, quick throws eventually. Certainly more of an even game then I expected....

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
I thought the commercials sucked... some were fun and clever. But as a rule I was very unimpressed, they were no better than everyday commercials.
some of the Bud Light ones were funny. And I liked the one with Shaq. I dont know about you guys, but where I am, I thought Fox did too much of their own station advertising. Kinda pissed me off. :disgust1:

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
cause they cheated [video spying] and it would be a shame to see the Dolphins record of a perfect season with a superbowl win equaled by a team that needs an asterick [ala the Barry Bonds Homerun Record]:disgust1:
Amen. And plus, right now, the Dolphins need to hold on to all the records they can :busted:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
It was a amazing game on many levels.
I will tell how I see it first as a Football fan and will add a few comments here and there being a lifelong Dolphins fan,

#1 The Patriots had a great season- Nuff said( Dolfan side note.. Dolphins where perfect in 1972 and that is one of my earliest pro football memories so I am going to root against any team that is going against that mark.

#2 a handful of teams have already won more games in a row than the Dolphins did,
not counting this season the Patriots had already won 21 games in a row over 2 seasons.(This year .. in 1 season they won more games in a season, including the playoffs than the Dolphins had in 1972...hang on Robb's diatribe here... in 1972 there where only 12 games in a season compared to 16 games now. in 1972 there where only 24 teams and had no bye weeks. in 2007 there are 32 teams, playing 16 games, and they have a week off somewhere during the season... I am not discounting the Patriots in any way, They are and have been a great team. But there is an immortality about having a perfect season. There is also a plateau that would have been equaled if Tom Brady would have won tonight, being only two other quarterbacks to win 4 Superbowls. This small list includes Joe Montana and Terry Bradshaw. I am sorry if this diatribe on fact #2 is to long but it is important in my Football belief structure. Neither Montana nor Bradshaw had a perfect season. Both are in the the NFL Hall of Fame and rightfully so. My belief and this comes as a NFL fan watching untold hours of NFL highlights of years gone, That Montana to date is the best quarterback ever he was great during the season and seem to always move it up a notch in the playoffs,he also shined in Bill Walsh's program which is the forefather of the west coast offense, Terry Bradshaw played for Chuck Knoll who played a much more conservative game, I am no way knocking Bradshaw her he does have 4 rings but he was a product of his system, any Top level QB would have flourished in this system and won. There are times including the well named " The Catch" that show Joe Montana's impact and control of the game. There where times when Montana seemed to will the team to win. Tom Brady is going to the Hall of Fame and is deservedly so. but for now he is still in with Bradshaw below Montana.)

#3 There where so many records at stake and happened tonight I would really have to consults STATS inc. to be really accurate but I will give the most meaningful ones..... The Patriots won more than any team ever in a single season (huge accomplishment but not perfection)("nother Dolfan side note I will not blame nor preach how it was easier or tougher in either generation , in 72' there where less games, but there almost 1/3 less teams to divide the talent and no bye. in 2007 you can say that the NFL has a larger talent pool to recruit from---more people alive than in 1972-- and a 16 game season with a bye is harder than a 12 game season. like I said tonight I will not debate this.)
....The Giants won more games on the road in a single season, normally NFL teams win more games at home than on the road but somehow this year was an anomaly for the Giants and there fans. During the regular season the Giants went 10-6 not to shabby, but when you factor that they won 7 of their 8 road games(They lost their first road game week 1 to the Cowboys) and then went on to beat Tampa in the wild card game, then beat Dallas in NFC playoff game and then beat Green Bay in the NFC Championship game which became the the third coldest game in NFL history and by just circumstance they where the away team at the SuperBowl .
By my count that gives the giants 11 road wins in a row this season(NFL record) compared with the Patriots 8 wins at home this season.

#4 In every game I have seen this season Bill Belichick dressed a Grey hoodie
but for This SuperBowl He choose to wear a bright red hoodie. First off why stray from normal? you win 18 games wearing a tattered grey hoodie and then you wear red, also I noticed that the Giants away uniforms had a lot more in them than the Patriots Home uniforms did, I also noticed that most of the Patriots other important coaches where wearing the standard dismal grey hoodie.

#5 it was a great game and a totally different game than when these 2 teams met in week 17 when neither team needed to win ( both of their playoffs fates where locked) but both teams where there with pride playing at full strength with the Patriots trying to keep their perfect streak alive and the Giants trying to be the team to break it. That game was a thrilling high scoring affair with the Patriots winning 38-35.

Thats the end of my babble, congrats to the Giants and I am sure we will see more of Mr. Brady and the Patriots in seasons ton come.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
cause they cheated [video spying] and it would be a shame to see the Dolphins record of a perfect season with a superbowl win equaled by a team that needs an asterick [ala the Barry Bonds Homerun Record]:disgust1:
Yea, I'd hate to be witness to anything unorthodox in 21st century professional sports...

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I prefer to think of it as the Karma Gods saying FU to the Cheats

as it should be
I remember a NASCAR legend once saying if your not cheating your not trying.... anyway ES6 .....relax and get a life I am the farthest thing from a Patriots fan, they got caught , embarrassed & fined and they moved on and you should too.

But on a side note I was lamenting to see Belichick

become coach of the year in spite of the scandal..