Quantcast

Wow. That is really effed up. Like for serious. Laura, how about these parents?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
When you were a kid did your parents ever do anything mean to you for their own amusement? Whatever it was, something tells us it wasn't as evil as what Jonathan's (above) family did on Christmas morning, having him unwrap an empty Xbox box with some shirts inside -- while on video, mind you -- and then everyone laughing at him when he got upset and cried over being hoodwinked.

Why would you do that to a kid, and then put it on the INTERNET?!

Linky Dink

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Engadget just likes to stir the sh*t, they didn't post the youtube link.

Besides that an overpriced video game system versus necessities like clothing are a better gift.

Maybe the kid will even get exercise or develop social skills if he played less video games.

I wanted a Neo Geo when I was younger but if I got one it wouldn't have made a difference.

About This Video said:
My mom decides to buy my brother an Xbox 360 for christmas. We leave that night and return the next morning to find he has sneaked a look....just as my mom thought he would, this is the result...and yes he did get the game i will try to post the second video

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
He will probably have trust issues with them for years.

Rightly so.
As the video description says, he still got the 360, he was being put on for not listening to his mother and peeking at his xmas presents.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
Engadget just likes to stir the sh*t, they didn't post the youtube link.

Besides that an overpriced video game system versus necessities like clothing are a better gift.

Maybe the kid will even get exercise or develop social skills if he played less video games.
You miss the point.

The point is that he is a child, his hopes were high, his expectation seemed to be met. Then suddenly, not only is that hope taken away and expectation shot down to its nadir, but those who took it away point and LAUGH. And this goes on much too long.

Jokes are only funny when the "victim" is comfortable enough to laugh also.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
As the video description says, he still got the 360, he was being put on for not listening to his mother and peeking at his xmas presents.
So they can post the humiliation video on Youtube with no problem, but they can't post the redemption video?

Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My parents used to do things like put a pair of socks into some huge box. Everyone got a laugh out of it. I once wrapped my brothers present with a bunch of steel wire and duct tape, it took him hours to get it open. But everyone expected pranks and they were never done with any malice.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I dunno, seems like the sooner these pampered 21st century kids learn that life is just one crushing disappointment after another, the sooner they'll come to terms with the reality of their minimum wage future.:twitch: