Quantcast

Wow, this drill is pretty cool

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Maybe I am missing something but how can you have two drills in one??? How is that any different then pretty much any screw gun that has variable speeds for drilling and screwing things in?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
GumbaFish said:
Maybe I am missing something but how can you have two drills in one??? How is that any different then pretty much any screw gun that has variable speeds for drilling and screwing things in?
Did you look at the site? It's got two chucks, so you can have a screw bit (say, allen head or flat head or whatever), and a drill bit, both attached at the same time. You don't have to swap bits.

...but I have to ask, how the hell hard is it to swap bits? It take me about four seconds and I don't have to have a sharp drill bit hanging down next to my hand/arm all the time :p

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
GumbaFish said:

Click the link :rolleyes:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
binary visions said:
Did you look at the site? It's got two chucks, so you can have a screw bit (say, allen head or flat head or whatever), and a drill bit, both attached at the same time. You don't have to swap bits.

...but I have to ask, how the hell hard is it to swap bits? It take me about four seconds and I don't have to have a sharp drill bit hanging down next to my hand/arm all the time :p

I agree. For you and me, its not a big deal. But if you were working 10 hours a day with a drill and changing bits every 5 minutes, 10Hx60=600M/5=120 Changes x 4 Seconds = 480S/60=8 Minutes. So you theoretically could get 10 hours of work done in 9 hours and 52 minutes. Worth it? Probably not :D

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
The people on the infomercial were so annoying that even if I liked the idea I wouldn't be able to bring myself to buy it.

Is it actually high quality?

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
binary visions said:

ok yeah..still don't see how that is any more practical then a screwgun with a quick change. I understand it has two chucks, its just retarded.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
BigMike said:
I agree. For you and me, its not a big deal. But if you were working 10 hours a day with a drill and changing bits every 5 minutes, 10Hx60=600M/5=120 Changes x 4 Seconds = 480S/60=8 Minutes. So you theoretically could get 10 hours of work done in 9 hours and 52 minutes. Worth it? Probably not :D
Also, unlike the jackasses on the infomercial, most pros use a tool belt and keep on in the holster, not trying to hold both in one hand while on a ladder.

Cool idea, but I'll stick with my craftsmen, thanks.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BigMike said:
That's why they make magnetic receivers for bits ;)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I just got a dewalt after a bunch of years of great service from my ryobi. When I first tried the dewalt I could feel the raw power and torque and was totally impressed.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
probably a piece of junk... the black and decker firestorm.. which isnt sooo bad. has a detachable chuck where you can keep a cscrewbit in it. this way when you take off the drill chcuk you can screw all you want... I know B&D is not so great, but it beats that thing

J

JRB

They even make the quick attach lock on bits. This is the stupidest thing I have seen in a while.

J

JRB

GumbaFish said:
My new drill. Its nothing fancy, but so far I am pretty impressed. Man I love getting tools for christmas.
I wanted that, but no more than I use one, the Hitachi was a deal. It was $150 with a drill, emergency flash light, 30 minute charger, and a rebate for a 3rd battery.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah I use mine a lot so I was happy I finally have a nice one. My old ryobi was only 12v and I love the extra power. My uncle has a similar model and said when he first got it he ripped a couple of screw heads off because it had so much power!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Wait a tick, don't you have to change chucks? how is that better than those DeWalt McGizmos that have your screw driver in one side and the countersink in the other. Or a keyless chuck and a little forethough (drill as many holes as you can then get to screwing) Idiots I tell ya farking idiots.

DeWalt 18v is the greatest drill on the planet.