Wow!....

J

JRB

Limited run - bad ass paint - too big a cog - too small a ring - too much money

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
It's a titanium Phil Wood. At least to me that alone makes the bling factor off the hook. "Phil Wood bottom bracket with Phil Wood EBB insert custom drilled by Jeff Jones" Pretty cool.

I am really surprised they didn't use some Phil Wood hubs. That would make it :drool:

Not sure about that price though. Seems pretty high.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think it is overpriced:

Ti frame from IF: $2600
Headbadge: $200 (congrats on buying a phil wood)
Fork: $600
Crank/BB $800
Rest of parts: $1100
Total $5300

Hmm, maybe I'm wrong...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Ciaran said:
I am really surprised they didn't use some Phil Wood hubs. That would make it :drool:
me too! for that kind of money on a phil wood bike, i was expecting to see a pair on it. those hubs glide like butter :thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
mid-life crisis, wife won't allow another car in the household...besides, the 4-car garage is already full. have to find some way of paying way-more-than-it-is-worth for something.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
LOOnatic said:
Ha thanks for the laugh stosh.
I don't know if its just me but all the 29" stuff gives me a big yawn.
No problem!!!

Where are you in the U.S. now?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I get that it's limited and all but is there really that much technology involced to warrant such a price tag??

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BMXman said:
what's up with the name change??...D
BMXman was already taken so I had to go with this one. I tried to bid on a new name on e-bay but some guy sniped me at the last moment. ;)

I am finding that it's a bit awkward for people ot pronounce the screenname when they meet me in person, or if I say it they do not recognize it because they don't know how it's pronounced. I end up having to describe my avatar before people realize who I am. This way I am using my real name and it describes that I am but one Mike amongst many.