Quantcast

~~ WRC Picks - Year end ~~

Who will the the driver WRC championship?

• Total voters

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
anyone can take the poll! :p

citreon : loab & duval
subaru : solberg & sarrazin
peugeot : martin & gronholm
skoda : mattais ackstrom & schwarz
ford : gardmeister & kresta
mitsubishi : rovanperä & panizzi

take the poll and also reply to your answer.

if you click on the number of votes
and it will say who voted for that driver
mail to a new paypal account i opened for WRC picks

if you want you can put 20 in a pot.
if your driver wins at the end of the year
you split the pot with whoever picked that driver.

payed:
bcd
manziman

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
well what about say all bets are put into a pot.
loab wins then the pot is split over how many loab
picks are placed.

$200 dollars for 4 loab picks. each gets $50

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
TheInedibleHulk said:
This thread needs a sticky
i don't think me and you are gona get it.
wrc betting not a real prioroty.

search wrc doesn't bring up but 5 threads.

we will search and bump once a month
when we do WRC series events bets.

alex

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I guess I should learn to read the entire message before replying. I didn't realize you guys were betting, I just thought it was a poll.

I'm a huge WRC fan, speed channel is on 24/7. I think if the Peugeot transmission is reliable this year, Marko and Marcus will be unstoppable teammates, and then Marko gets the edge because he's going to be super motivated this year once he's in championship position. But, i'm not much of a gambler, can I back out without catching too much sh t?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
W4S said:
I guess I should learn to read the entire message before replying. I didn't realize you guys were betting, I just thought it was a poll.

I'm a huge WRC fan, speed channel is on 24/7. I think if the Peugeot transmission is reliable this year, Marko and Marcus will be unstoppable teammates, and then Marko gets the edge because he's going to be super motivated this year once he's in championship position. But, i'm not much of a gambler, can I back out without catching too much sh t?
thats less then 8 pennys a day!

comone, O, martin is a looser! lol :blah:

jking

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
W4S said:

Speed channel used to be on 24/7, before all the premium timespots became nascar shows. Anyone watch SCCA runoffs yesterday? I totally forgot about it.

Martin is a good bet, do it. I wanted to pick martin but seeing as how he is in a new car to him and loeb kept his ride... I had to go with loeb.

mr.terrible

Chimp
Aug 24, 2004
Finland
W4S said:
oopps!! the same happened to me, always remember kids read the thread before polling. Sorry about that, I'm not in for the bet but Gronholm will win or some other finn for that matter :D.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
I was watching speed channel news last night while making dinner, and they were interviewing Gronholm. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard Marcus talking about how Citroen and Peugeot were pulling out of rallying. WTF!!?? I didn't get anymore from the interview, just how they were pulling out because of cost, blah, blah, blah.

I looked on the WRC website but it doesn't mention anything. Anybody else hear this?

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
WRC definetly rocks. I just picked up Colin Mcrae 2005 for xbox, and would recommend it to any rally fans. The game is incredible. It will be getting me thorugh these long winter months. :thumb:

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
lockemiester said:
I've been way too busy to watch WRC this year. First year in a while that I've missed all together. I'll vote Loeb though, based on last seasons improvements.
doesn't the season start in January? That's the first race we're betting on.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
manziman said:
doesn't the season start in January? That's the first race we're betting on.
Monte Carlo, January 22-26.

Lots of rule changes for '06. Peugeot and Citroen are out, maybe some new companies in. Sounds like this is the last year of ultra high tech and expensive cars, kinda like formula 1. Euro racing is going the way of NASCAR and Indy car racing w/ standardized parts and engines. Hopefully it will still be fun to watch.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
W4S said:
Monte Carlo, January 22-26.

Lots of rule changes for '06. Peugeot and Citroen are out, maybe some new companies in. Sounds like this is the last year of ultra high tech and expensive cars, kinda like formula 1. Euro racing is going the way of NASCAR and Indy car racing w/ standardized parts and engines. Hopefully it will still be fun to watch.
meehh..NASCAR. The reason I like rally racing is because it isn't NASCAR. I work with these total NASCAR heads and they just keep saying how Jeff Gordon is the greatest and all this crappulence about how they go in a circle. I asked them if Gordon had ever done a power slide through a turn at 50mph..."nooo...but he's a leader in the points.." ugh.

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
manziman said:
ok, so the race is coming up. Sölberg is about 30pts behind Loeb. This Monte Carlo race is going to be interesting. Still got my money on Petter.
where you getting this info from?
nobody is ahead of anybody there are no points on the table as the season hasnt started yet, Monte Carlo is the very first round.
only a week to go until its here though.

ps. sorry for posting in this thread, i dont have the money to be betting, but i just had to comment on the above post.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
OK who was actaully betting here on the individual race, just me and manziman? Either way, Manziman you can paypal my 10 bucks to shinscars@yahoo.com.

What a suprising rally, the new mitsu was impressive although you can never count Panizzi out on tarmac so that wasnt a suprise. Gardemeister came up huge, I guess that's what happens when you get out of a Skoda and into a ford.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
TheInedibleHulk said:
OK who was actaully betting here on the individual race, just me and manziman? Either way, Manziman you can paypal my 10 bucks to shinscars@yahoo.com.

What a suprising rally, the new mitsu was impressive although you can never count Panizzi out on tarmac so that wasnt a suprise. Gardemeister came up huge, I guess that's what happens when you get out of a Skoda and into a ford.
wait, I thought that $20 I paypaled to you was for this race...? or didn't I already paypal the $10?

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
No the 20 to BCD was supposed to be for year end. It was confusing... dont worry about it, we'll do a different race and be clearer. That said I still win the moral victory :thumb:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Yesterday was awsome but the moron Frenchies pushed a ton of snow on the section where petter crashed, when it was not there in the morning warm up ,I want petter to win `05 ,I`am sure the locals went and told the citron team to look out for the new snow/ice :evil: :evil: :evil: .Oh yeah loeb is boring he never really drives like a ralley drive should he is to risk free in his drives :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: