Quantcast

Wreckless driving on company property?

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Ok so there's the guy that works where I do and he drives like a complete idiot through the parking lot. I saw him coming in to the parking lot at at least 30mph and then try to slide a corner, almost hitting another car. He's almost hit people, including myself, multiple times as well.

He thinks he has the fastest car on the planet which happens to be a really old Lincoln MK 7. Thing is a boat to drive and a complete POS (spray painted, destroyed interior, high miles) and he paid over $7,000 for the car. Just waiting till my dad gets the Z06 he's been talking about and I'll show him a real car and a driver with actual skill....

Funny thing is, the transmission shop nearby told him "if we ever see you by here again, we're calling the cops and having your license taken away." If you can't tell, I don't like the guy...is this something I could technically have him fired over or at least written up? I have no problems with driving fast when the only person you are endangering is yourself...not other people or property around you. And...it would be nice to see him leave the company :P

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Does his father work for the FBI?

Seriuosly, call his HR manager and the building manager and complain.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Think I'm going to have to do that. I'm just hoping he does not say anything like "you're being racist, etc." because I'm not...he just drives like a complete idiot.
chances are security won't ask for your name. just give them the vehicle description and license plate. anonymous ftw

irishblue76

Monkey
Jul 21, 2008
Massachusetts
I think all (or most) companies have policies and regulations regarding employee use of the parking lot. My company will issue tickets for violations and written warnings - I believe these come from security. Also, the company reserves the right to discipline violators upto and including termination.

and, the squeeky wheel gets the oil, right? So squeek away!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
He thinks he has the fastest car on the planet which happens to be a really old Lincoln MK 7. Thing is a boat to drive and a complete POS (spray painted, destroyed interior, high miles) and he paid over $7,000 for the car. Just waiting till my dad gets the Z06 he's been talking about and I'll show him a real car and a driver with actual skill....
Gotta approve of your mighty adolescent dick-waving!! :rofl:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Over at the airfield that I work at, we have a douche that does the same thing. He thinks he's some kind of badass in his little fast n furious 4 cyl rice rocket. It's a joke, the damn thing's a four door sedan for god's sake. He's even gone the extra mile and added "race" seats, a retarded body kit and painted a monster energy logo on his door.

Sometimes right after work hours, he'll try and cut through the airfield on his way out of the parking lot so he can burn through a couple of his special "racing" tires doing doughnuts and e-brake slides and in general driving like an idiot. I keep thinking one of these days someone's going to get hurt, so I snuck out there and filmed his dumb ass cutting through the tarmac last week. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to turn it over to our boss or just call him on being a douche. Here's the video http://vimeo.com/2244159, what do you guys think?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Over at the airfield that I work at, we have a douche that does the same thing. He thinks he's some kind of badass in his little fast n furious 4 cyl rice rocket. It's a joke, the damn thing's a four door sedan for god's sake. He's even gone the extra mile and added "race" seats, a retarded body kit and painted a monster energy logo on his door.

Sometimes right after work hours, he'll try and cut through the airfield on his way out of the parking lot so he can burn through a couple of his special "racing" tires doing doughnuts and e-brake slides and in general driving like an idiot. I keep thinking one of these days someone's going to get hurt, so I snuck out there and filmed his dumb ass cutting through the tarmac last week. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to turn it over to our boss or just call him on being a douche. Here's the video http://vimeo.com/2244159, what do you guys think?
ha :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I love how he slams the back end into that blast shield thing :rofl:

reminds me of a guy i knew in high school that slammed his rear wheel into a curb doing donuts in the snow

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Gotta approve of your mighty adolescent dick-waving!! :rofl:
Hey, if you saw what I drive right now you'd laugh your a$$ off. I sold my truck so have been having to use their car till I find the diesel cargo van I want (yes...I'm 22 and will be driving a molester van to work, etc...yay).
But ya, I'm currently driving a 2001 Toyota Prius, and when that's being used a 2001 Chrysler Seabring. YAY.....

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Oh, and I did talk to a manager about it today. The problem is the guy works the site security so there's a problem there. But ya, talked to the head manager and she said she's going to watch some security tapes, etc and then take some "action on the situation."
Hopefully he's a gonner.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Kind of old for adolescent dick-waving... don't you think?
How is it dick-waving? My dad has worked 35 years as a captain for United Airlines and can get whatever car he wants. He's also not buying a brand new Z06 because that's just stupid to waste money on a car that will depreciate in value when you leave the car lot. He's looking actually at a C5 Z06...not even the new C6. Also, I have spent time driving regular cars and race cars on tracks, specifically Willow Springs, so I actually have some driving skills.

Personally, i don't even go over 70 on freeways and have never gotten a ticket besides window tint in my life. I save my speed for all my flying (currently training to follow my dad's footsteps and become an airline pilot). I pay for everything I have, including the fact that my parents only gave me a little money on my birthdays...I had to mow lawns, wash cars for people etc. to make money before I could get a real job. They actually taught me damn good work ethics.

Jimmysal

Monkey
Mar 26, 2010
Vermont
How is it dick-waving? My dad has worked 35 years as a captain for United Airlines and can get whatever car he wants. He's also not buying a brand new Z06 because that's just stupid to waste money on a car that will depreciate in value when you leave the car lot. He's looking actually at a C5 Z06...not even the new C6. Also, I have spent time driving regular cars and race cars on tracks, specifically Willow Springs, so I actually have some driving skills.
dashcam or it didn't happen :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You're 22 and can't identify dick-waving? You must be from California... :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
1) It is dick-waving.

2) How has no one mentioned that "wreckless" means "devoid of wrecking" whereas the correct term is "reckless"?

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States

Personally, i don't even go over 70 on freeways and have never gotten a ticket besides window tint in my life. I save my speed for all my flying (currently training to follow my dad's footsteps and become an airline pilot). I pay for everything I have, including the fact that my parents only gave me a little money on my birthdays...I had to mow lawns, wash cars for people etc. to make money before I could get a real job. They actually taught me damn good work ethics.
im a year younger than you and i think youre looking an awful lot like a dick waver.