Quantcast

Wrist gaurds ?

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
A few endo's has me looking into wrist gaurds. EVS and 661 both carry these items - any suggestions ? Thanx

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I use the EVS ones, and I like them. They are a bit of a pain to get used to, especially when worn with both gloves and elbow/forearm guards, but they are a lot better than a broken wrist - trust me on that one. Go get them from a MX shop since bike shops will charge double.

I looked at / tried on both EVS and 661, but I found the EVS guards to be both more comfortable and more protective. Since they were the same price, my choice was obvious.

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
I use the EVS ones, and I like them. They are a bit of a pain to get used to, especially when worn with both gloves and elbow/forearm guards, but they are a lot better than a broken wrist - trust me on that one. Go get them from a MX shop since bike shops will charge double.

I looked at / tried on both EVS and 661, but I found the EVS guards to be both more comfortable and more protective. Since they were the same price, my choice was obvious.
Were these the 661's you tried : http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=17521

I am not a big fan of 661 products but they mention adjustable support disc's ? Thanx

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
I am using the EVS version of exactly the same thing. The 661's I tried had a loop of material for the thumb, but it made putting gloves on and holding on to the bar impossible. The "support discs" are actually pieces of semi-rigid foam that you can add or remove as you see fit. The do add quite a bit more support if you need it.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
I have been rocking the 661 wrist wraps (the regular ones) for a couple years (same pair) and the only problem I have had is that they smell really bad now. They have been very helpful in recovering from my broken wrist this past december.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Been using the EVS for the last two seasons after I broke my wrist. Love em, you can get at Pricepoint for $25 a pair. They have different thicknesses of foam you can stack to make it more or less rigid. I have one set up for biking that is super stiff, and one for kayaking that gives me more flex. I really feel alot more secure with them on now. Took a good digger on it last year, one of those that made me thankful for having it because I know I would have broken it again.

Heres a pic:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
If the wraps/guards are giving you a problem with fit underneath/above your gloves, Try using the wrist wraps that you would use for Boxing, Basically a heavy duty material that laces up and gives you support, I have used them in the past and had good luck. I will try to find a link later, at work atm, so no time to go searching

keen

Monkey
Mar 30, 2003
Well I thought I found the solution - EVS Wrister. It's a glove and brace combo but they don't come in an XXL. My concern w/ the EVS wrist gaurd is the fit w/ gloves on ? EVS said under the glove for the optimum use over wel ??? My hands are big so I don't think they will go under. User's how you wearing your's ? Thanx

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The EVS in the photo are exactly what I have. I wear them over the gloves, no problem. My hands are huge and I need XLs as well. Like I said, it takes a bit of time getting used to them, but they are really good once they are on.
EDIT: I got them for $18 at an MX shop.

BUFFALO

Vigorous Giver of Reputation
Feb 11, 2005
Renton, wa
I have 1 661 and 1 EVS brace. That's what the store had so i bought them. I prefer the EVS. I'm looking for another one to replace the 661. EVS is much better quality. The 661 is falling apart at the seams and the EVS still appears new. They both have removable stiffening pads for adjustment but the EVS just seems to feel better. I wear them both over my gloves and they fit fine that way.

sperkins

Monkey
Feb 26, 2008
Been using the EVS for the last two seasons after I broke my wrist. Love em, you can get at Pricepoint for $25 a pair. They have different thicknesses of foam you can stack to make it more or less rigid. I have one set up for biking that is super stiff, and one for kayaking that gives me more flex. I really feel alot more secure with them on now. Took a good digger on it last year, one of those that made me thankful for having it because I know I would have broken it again.

Heres a pic:
yeah those are definitely the best!