Quantcast

WTB saddles are great...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I got a lazer V from Jenson as an OE part for like $19, and Id highly recommend any male to get one esp. for that price. Ive been a longtime user of Titec saddles. Mostly berzerkers and el norte's, but after getting one with the "love channel" I dont think I could switch back.
Im still on probation from the last time my prostate felt this good.

Anyway, I think jenson still has some left for super cheap. Check it out.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I'm a big fan of WTB saddles as well, have sat on 'em for as along as I can remember. Except now, with my new hardtail I've been waiting to replace the not-so-comfy cannondale seat and you've given me the perfect opportunity.

J

JRB

I got an SDG Bel Air from them for $20, with Ti rails that is sweet too. I have a WTB Rocket V Stealth that is nice, but is a little too scoopy to get behind well. I want to try the Pure saddle some time. It looks like a nice blend of the rocket and the lazer.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I HATED my old WTB, but that was a pre-love channel saddle. Maybe I'll check out some of the newer WTBs. They certainly are popular.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I too love the WTB saddles, the speed v's and Laser v's seem to fit me well....

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I like them too... I wish they made them out of real leather though. Mine always crack end up scratching the inside of my legs. I have been riding a berzerker for about a year now and it is still like new, though I must admit... after about 2 hours it really starts to feel like sitting on the sharp end of a brick.

Thus, I am still searching for the perfect saddle... The Berzerker has the perfect design, its long yet not very wide, is made of leather so its durable, the only problem is that it doesnt have a soft center channel like the WTB's do. Man if it did it would be phucking awesome.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
gangstamaxx said:
Wtb's are nice but there no selle italia!
No, there [SIC] not, which is fortunate since all the Selle Italias I've ever sat on make me feel like I've been sodomized by a prison inmate :dead:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Specialized Avatars are working for me. Since they have sizing for the width of their saddles it's prevented my junk from falling asleep from extended saddle time from climbs.

That's real nice, just one less thing to worry about when struggling and digging up the mountain.

i have broke a ti-rail Avatar though, so i won't recommend that. But i just don't recommend tapered ti or carbon fiber for anyone who's big like me and rides aggressive from time to time.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
They are great saddles but the rails sometimes pop out too easily. Its a real b*tch to put them back in, I've had do it on a couple of WTBs (3-4 people helping you with some tools or some inventive trail side mechanical advantage action with two people works.)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
binary visions said:
No, there [SIC] not, which is fortunate since all the Selle Italias I've ever sat on make me feel like I've been sodomized by a prison inmate :dead:
Well, I have no idea what it feels like to be sodomized by a prison inmate, at least not yet. But I have Selle Italia Flite Ti Gel saddles on 3 of my bikes, and if that's as bad as it gets, I'm off to rob a few banks. Catch y'all later!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
syadasti said:
Whatever fits your @ss is good...
:stupid:

'zactly. Saddles are like helmets - there are a lot of different shapes and sizes and not everyone is going to like the fit of one over the other. You shouldn't spend a lot of money on either part without trying it out first.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have run the Power V on my last 4 DH/FR bikes and have loved that seat. I sit more than most poeple I ride with, so comfort it #1.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
binary visions said:
you know you may have just been sitting on the seatpost. :eek:

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
i love my laser v comp but i am about to switch to my new all black Power V DH Double black diamond, looks sweet. picked it up at ride-this.com. But I'm definately sticking with WTB seats forever.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
I've found the Serfas Men's Rx to be the La-Z-boy of saddles. It's been the nicest to my junk although i've caught a fair amount of sh|t from my riding buddies due to it's size. It's alright though...sometimes you gotta take some for the team.
Recently saw some Fizik saddles that I'd like to try though.