Quantcast

WTF?? Another Texas thread...

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/v-print/story/406426.html

When the Arlington father caught his teenage stepson sexually assaulting his 8-year-old daughter late Jan. 2, investigators say the 32-year-old man did the right thing -- he called police.
The 18-year-old was arrested by Arlington police on suspicion of aggravated sexual assault. The girl was taken to the hospital, where an examination revealed she'd been raped anally. And the father issued a stern warning to his wife.

"He didn't want anybody to help (the teen)," said Sgt. Cheryl Johnson, supervisor of the Fort Worth sex crimes unit, adding that the man also stated that he would hurt his stepson.

But unbeknownst to the father, police say, the man's wife posted bond for her son's release from the Arlington jail. When the teen called home for a ride on the early afternoon of Jan. 3, it was his stepfather who answered the phone and arrived at the jail to pick up the teen.

But the pair didn't go home, investigators say.

Instead, the Arlington man drove his stepson to an abandoned house in east Fort Worth where he delivered his own brand of justice. He severely beat the teen with a baseball bat, then anally raped him with a wrench-like metal tool.

On Friday, the father turned himself into the Tarrant County Jail on a warrant for aggravated sexual assault. He was released Saturday after posting a $17,500 bond.

"This is a very unique case, but we have a criminal justice system in place, and no one can take the law into their own hands," Johnson said. "They need to allow the criminal justice system to work for them and although the process may seem long, it is the process that works."
What kind of father does this to his own son??...D

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
What kind of father does this to his own son??...D[/QUOTE]

I guess if you don't get along with your new wifes kids, or they rape your daughter, you can consider them the wifes baggage.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
What kind of father does this to his own son??...D
If I caught my STEPson raping my 8yo daughter, I don't know if I would have had the restraint to "do the right thing," keep my hands off of him, and call the police like this guy did. The little ****er is lucky he got the first reprieve.

No advocate of vigilante justice and the father is going to have to do the time for this one, but I can't say I blame him.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My own son or my step son, wouldn't matter.

I wouldn't have gone so far as what he did, but a beating would be in order at least.

The hip hop lyric:

Whoop his monkey ass until it aint no fun

Comes to mind.

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville

I wouldn't have gone so far as what he did, but a beating would be in order at least.

The hip hop lyric:

Comes to mind.
Public Enemy was the best.

Wife and I talked about this today. She thinks justice was served. I tend to agree.

I am amazed the guy didnt kill him immediately. Thats pretty messed up. Only in Texas I guess. I think they have an expresslane to the needle in the arm if I am not mistaken. I wonder if it applies to raping your stepsister, doesnt that also apply to stachatory rape?

Don't Mess with Texas, It's not nice to pick on ret@rd$

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

The hip hop lyric:

Comes to mind.
Well if it was your own son I'd have to say the kid is the product of his upbringing and the father would have to be partly to blame. Stepson is another story. Messed up situation no matter how you look at it, either way the poor little girl loses.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's not true, some kids are FUBAR.
I've known some FUBAR kids. Some were products of their environments others weren't. Either way by the time they hit 18 it is usually evident that the kid is FUBAR and the parents should have kept the older son away from their daughter. We don't know the specifics of this incident so it doesn't really matter, I'm just saying.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've known some FUBAR kids. Some were products of their environments others weren't. Either way by the time they hit 18 it is usually evident that the kid is FUBAR and the parents should have kept the older son away from their daughter. We don't know the specifics of this incident so it doesn't really matter, I'm just saying.
Fair enough.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
yeah I have been trying to find out how long the son was living with the father. I think that could make a big difference. I technically have a step sister but we lived together her whole life until I moved out. I never once referred to her as my "step sister" she was just my sister....D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Well if it was your own son I'd have to say the kid is the product of his upbringing and the father would have to be partly to blame. Stepson is another story. Messed up situation no matter how you look at it, either way the poor little girl loses.
This is entirely possible. It's just that it would be a different series of emotions if it were YOUR kid vs. HER kid. That was more my point. Blood or marriage, a sever beating within an inch of his life is minimum.

My stepson comes from bad stock, but I have done the majority of the raising (from a dad perspective) and all things considered he has done WAY better than his father. But I take responsibility for him as if he were blood.