Quantcast

WTF happened X-games?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Ive been out of the loop for a while now, but a (non biker) friend sent me a link on youtube to some of the 2012 x game runs. WTF happened? I remember x games being the coolest bike competition around, with 3 disciplines. Dirt jumping, Halfpipe, and skatepark. Each had packed stadiums and everybody was watching it. I look at the crowd for park (which was just a giant bowl cluster****, and there was hardly any spectators-or tricks. 1 big jump, than a bunch of hopping and pumping around... I thought street was more of a disaster, but I cannot really relate to that type of riding, so ill let it slide-but it was awefully boring to watch 180 tap rail 180. for 1 minute each, with the occasional barspin.

WTF happened? Have i really been out of the loop that long? All the bmx comps i see on the comeup and vital always have monster ramps and monster tricks-why not x games?

:(

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I haven't watched any of the street/park. They're probably banking on the Mega-Ramp. I remember when the riders were lobbying to keep flatland in. (Even when they only wanted to televise highlights or snips of flatland) riders wanted it to be part of the physical event. Maybe at some point they'll have to lobby to keep normal sized ramps in.

nyhc00

Monkey
Jul 19, 2010
CT
it's been a joke for quite some time now, especially since they dropped dirt for the mega ramp. That just proves its not about the riding, just the "wow" factor to Joe-Blow who only wants to see somebody crash. #bringbackdirt check the hashtag if you're on instagram