Quantcast

wtf... huckmonkey.com?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
just got a message on our local board about huckmonkey.com... playing off rm.com are we? :disgust1: if you are going to lauch a fvcking site be original at least...:disgust:

if it is related here and we haven't heard anything about it yet... then disregard...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I happened across some show on the discovery channel and they were showing film from an experiment where they transplanted the head from one monkey to another to prove that consciousness exists in the brain. It was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen on regular TV.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I happened across some show on the discovery channel and they were showing film from an experiment where they transplanted the head from one monkey to another to prove that consciousness exists in the brain. It was the most horrifying thing I have ever seen on regular TV.
Rather grotesque but I think it's fascinating. If you have any idea what show that was I'd like to try and find it...heading to Google now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
I think the show was monster quest. It seems there are stories that the soviets were trying to make human ape hybrid soldiers. I only watched a few minutes of it.

Here you go:

http://www.mymultiplesclerosis.co.uk/stranger-than-fiction/head-transplant.html
sounds like it's technically possible to keep a disembodied brain alive then. imagine what it'd be like to have ALL your physical senses cut off & exist in mind alone. i suppose insanity would soon ensue. freaky stuff.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
sounds like it's technically possible to keep a disembodied brain alive then. imagine what it'd be like to have ALL your physical senses cut off & exist in mind alone. i suppose insanity would soon ensue. freaky stuff.

There are dissociative drugs out there that basically cause you to lose all of your senses and your existence is limited to your mind. Some scientists believe that your pineal gland releases a chemical that does the same thing when under extreme stress and can explain peoples similar near death experiences.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
I saw that a couple years ago on the net. That was done back in the 70's. Makes you wonder how much of that stuff Germany did during WWII with people. It was disturbing to watch the monkey even with some medical background.

highoctane

Chimp
Jan 11, 2008
Alas I'm not a real monkey, although I do consider myself a bit of a Huckmonkey, hence the name of our blog :monkey:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
There are dissociative drugs out there that basically cause you to lose all of your senses and your existence is limited to your mind. Some scientists believe that your pineal gland releases a chemical that does the same thing when under extreme stress and can explain peoples similar near death experiences.
In Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas they talk about it. Bet it twists your world around.