Quantcast

wtf is in gatlinburg / pigeon forge?

thcrob

Chimp
Jan 22, 2009
so apparently I'm going to gatlinburg / pigeon forge this weekend. Hows the weather and are there any trails near? I have never been and am hoping the weather is decent enough for some DH...

thcrob

Chimp
Jan 22, 2009
a bunch of rednecks and their ridiculous t-shirts.
boo... thats what i was thinking... it seems like it's a little redneck tourist trap for other rednecks to go... Freakin friends got a cabin to get ****ed up in and trash, was hoping there would be more to do than just smoke and drink..

anything within 50 miles driving (besides windrock since I read that the mountain is pretty ****ed from the snow)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah that area is terrible. So close to all those mountains and nothing but putt-putt, air-brushed t-shirts and funnel cakes. Terrible.

Not much really close. Take a look here... E.TN Rides

thcrob

Chimp
Jan 22, 2009
nice, might checkout that max patch... nothing is better than toking and hiking.

What's the traffic like there? would I be able to smoke without people bothering me? And how has the weather been?

joe shabadoo

Chimp
Jan 26, 2007
Western North Carolina
If you have an xc style bike, you can go out toward Cades Cove(closed i believe) and park at the gate. Ride Cades Cove and about halfway around there are bathrooms and a gravel road named Parsons Branch. That gravel road will take you to Deals gap(Tail of the Dragon). Its not tight singletrack, but its not a bad 2hr ride out and back.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
nice, might checkout that max patch... nothing is better than toking and hiking.

What's the traffic like there? would I be able to smoke without people bothering me? And how has the weather been?
You are going to hike some beautiful country and you are worry about traffic so it doesn't deter your toking?

Pitiful.

thcrob

Chimp
Jan 22, 2009
You are going to hike some beautiful country and you are worry about traffic so it doesn't deter your toking?

Pitiful.
Few things are better than getting to the top of a mountain, smoking, and sitting down looking out into the distance... it's amazing. And from the pictures I've seen, it looks like this place wont be an exception, even windrock (where it kinda turns and you get to look out over the mountains) is a pretty epic place to just chill and toke before a ride.

And yeha, I use my coilair for everything but xc race now. It's what I'll be bringing, dont think the cannondale would be up for a ride in its current shape, might check out the XC stuff.