Quantcast

~-~ WTF is teh GMT day? ~-~

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
boys slept through the night. success! I, on the other hand woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep. It's a coffee kind of day.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
@stoney - taking your wife's snow tires off her car worked!!

Granted - this *is* a weather forecast... but 3 inches of water in white format is, like, a lot. :D
Yeah. I know what I get to do tomorrow night. Snows back onto the M. Wifey should be fine though. I'll just have her drive slow.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello now then! Yesterday's crappy weather cleared up just in time for a 25 mile post-work road ride. That was a nice surprise. Still kind of cold out though. It was like insta-freeze as soon as I stopped pedaling.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
can't wake up. already thinking about going to bed as early as possible tonight.
@eye dr. appt with son. taking forever. fts.
on the plus side, eye dr. assistants are almost as hot as dental assistants.
rear shock should arrive at cane creek for diagnosis and service tomorrow. will be interested to hear what they say about it. it sounded like i was being chased by a flock of wild geese when i rode.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much to report. Mounted an awning on my truck yesterday and got some tent walls in too. Now I'll have a sweet room to use whilst camping this year.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bought the new Star Wars last night and watched it while I was on the bike. My 1 hour ride on the trainer ended up being 2 hours. Didn't get to sleep until almost midnight, so didn't get up early for study this morning. I'm supposed to have a run tonight, but have an after work meeting until 7, so if I run it's going to be in the dark.

Otherwise, meh and ball sweat. Massive ball sweat. Whenever I start working out again I have an appearance of massive ball sweat. Given it's 8am, it's going to make for a long day.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Kind of busy at work what with people being pulled for this and that and only 2 attendings in the morning rather than the more typical 3.

On the upside no one seemed to care that I ambled in 15 minutes late after dropping Mariko off at school.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
MEH, raining here. I slept in until 7:30 again and it was good. My 3 day a week structured workout is really paying off I terms of overall energy and enjoyment. I now enjoy 30 minutes on the treadmill with mets from 7 to 10, 20 minutes on the eliptical at 7 mets and 15 minutes on the stationary bike at 5 mets. It's odd that what I do the most outside of rehab is what is hardest for me, too many years of taking the easy climbs and not enough road biking.

This is my second to last 20 hour work week so... I should probably go in and do something?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Watching roadies heads explode over the introduction of dics brakes on road bikes is entertaining and sad at the same time.
Disks on a road bike almost made me give up my 25 year old road frame but since I don't ride in city traffic or shuttle the Continental hi way... kind of overkill and not worth an entire new kit or frame for me. They'd be good in the rain though. If I rode in the rain.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Disks on a road bike almost made me give up my 25 year old road frame but since I don't ride in city traffic or shuttle the Continental hi way... kind of overkill and not worth an entire new kit or frame for me. They'd be good in the rain though. If I rode in the rain.
Yes, city traffic was my main reason to get a road bike with dics for my daily commute. It makes a big difference. Its nice not to have to ruin the rims too.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Ride attempt aborted due to broken chain. Managed to nurse it home at still get 13 miles in, but I had to stop every 10 minutes or so and pinch the chain back together with my Gerber. Oh well, bad day of riding is better than a good day at work, right?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Watching roadies heads explode over the introduction of dics brakes on road bikes is entertaining and sad at the same time.
Yes, city traffic was my main reason to get a road bike with dics for my daily commute. It makes a big difference. Its nice not to have to ruin the rims too.
within 3-5 years (conservatively) most, if not all road bikes will be disc. at least bikes above $2k.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rode a ride this morning on Felicia, teh new wHip. Holy cats, I think that bike is gonna be fast, because it feels so slow at cruising speed. Much more stable than the last bike, and that bike was fast. The gal I was riding with said I should go back to the other bike and I say to her I say Gnope... just gonna learn to ride this one fast enough to scare me.

Srsly. This is the sage advice.
And often not advice we here until *just* after we need it.

Massive ball sweat.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The closing of the property we're selling was postponed until the 19th, the title company listed the payee as my bank instead of me, apparently I made a mistake by including my account information for funds transfer...? How else were they going to get the money to me? Real estate r confusing.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The closing of the property we're selling was postponed until the 19th, the title company listed the payee as my bank instead of me, apparently I made a mistake by including my account information for funds transfer...? How else were they going to get the money to me? Real estate r confusing.
Real estate r confusing on purpose. Why else would you need agents and lawyers to buy/sell something?