Quantcast

WTF is this?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Seriously. Saw it today when I was winterizing my pool. Being a huge vag when it comes to insects and creepy crawlies, I was less than thrilled about seeing this thing within 1,000 miles of me, let alone on my stairs. The thing looks like it has more bells and whistles than a fully loaded Benz.

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This is the closest I could find to it......and I refuse to look any more or I may not be able to sleep tonight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-marked_tussock_moth

EDIT - after reading the full Wiki page, this is most definitely it. Right appearance, region, time of year. Apparently touching it can cause a severe reaction/rash. Thank fvck I was scared to even take the pic.....though I should have killed it.....

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
just think crabjoe....at some point in your life while you were asleep.....a spider has probably crawled down your mouth...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Thank God, I thought it was going to be another post mount brake thread.

Pretty cool looking critter, we used to get these a lot near my place when I was a kid, if you were super lucky one would fall out of a tree and sting the crap out of you.

Last edited:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I have gigantic oaks on my property and I get hundreds of thousands (seriously) of those every year. Those bristles at either end are urictating hairs and will make you itch like crazy. At the end of their caterpillar phase, they pull those bristles out and make pods by gluing them all over my ****ing house.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
This is the closest I could find to it......and I refuse to look any more or I may not be able to sleep tonight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-marked_tussock_moth

EDIT - after reading the full Wiki page, this is most definitely it. Right appearance, region, time of year. Apparently touching it can cause a severe reaction/rash. Thank fvck I was scared to even take the pic.....though I should have killed it.....
"Eggs are laid in a single mass over the cocoon of the female, and covered in a froth (Wagner 2005). Up to 300 eggs are laid at a time."

Sounds like it could be a fun time in the Spring when they all hatch :D

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Not. Man up, move around, move on. People spend too damn much time killing.
In the spring I'll hire you as Mr. Orkin Man when I'm sleeping in my car in the garage because my house has been infiltrated by 1 million creepy crawlies. All because I didn't bring down the hammer of justice that is my size 13 Vans on that one little fvcker.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I wish I didn't know that bug existed. This rube Goldberg of a caterpillar looks like Satan invented it.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Small amount of Gasoline and match should take care of it... It appears to be some kind of space alien. You should kill it before the authorities find out....

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
For as much **** as i can talk to Yall that are afraid of creepy crawlies, I have to still say thanks, when the zombie apocalypse happens, your all going to be the first to die and give the rest of us non nancies a better running start...

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
For as much **** as i can talk to Yall that are afraid of creepy crawlies, I have to still say thanks, when the zombie apocalypse happens, your all going to be the first to die and give the rest of us non nancies a better running start...
In what world does that logic make sense?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
When the community of the monkey is running through the woods from a hoard of zombies, your going to run into a little spider web and get so freaked out your going to stop running, Zombies will over take you at that point, give myself and the others not afraid of little bugs a chance to run a little further ahead of you, once seven or eight zombies all pounce of you we will then likely take the opportunity to easily pick off that hoard since they are pre-occupied with eating your brains they will be a quick easy targets. If at that point we decide we like you at least a little we might use an extra bullet to keep you from becoming one of the next hoard yourself.... then again once zday happens Bullets will be in hi demand so it may not actually be worth the extra bullet.

Henceforth, being a nancy about little creepy crawlies will allow other non nancy's a better chance once the Zombie apocalypse happens....

Really it is prettys imple logic.

Or, if we are running from ahoard of zombies, one of us may just throw a bug at you on purpose to in fact cause the above situation.... Remember after Zday happens its survival of the fitest/smartest

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
When the community of the monkey is running through the woods from a hoard of zombies, your going to run into a little spider web and get so freaked out your going to stop running, Zombies will over take you at that point, give myself and the others not afraid of little bugs a chance to run a little further ahead of you, once seven or eight zombies all pounce of you we will then likely take the opportunity to easily pick off that hoard since they are pre-occupied with eating your brains they will be a quick easy targets. If at that point we decide we like you at least a little we might use an extra bullet to keep you from becoming one of the next hoard yourself.... then again once zday happens Bullets will be in hi demand so it may not actually be worth the extra bullet.

Henceforth, being a nancy about little creepy crawlies will allow other non nancy's a better chance once the Zombie apocalypse happens....

Really it is prettys imple logic.

Or, if we are running from ahoard of zombies, one of us may just throw a bug at you on purpose to in fact cause the above situation.... Remember after Zday happens its survival of the fitest/smartest
You and me will work as a team. When a zombie comes at us, I machete the head off, you pop the end of a pickaxe in the fvcker's brain once the head hits the ground. It will be efficient, cause trying to pop one in the brain while they are ambulatory is the hard part. Stop and Pop - that's our new team slogan.

We won't waste a bullet on Crabjoe. Once the hoard starts eating his balls, we'll torch them in place with a flame thrower.

Then we'll go collect grubs for dinner. After z-day, insects will be a valuable food source.

Time to put on the man pants.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
You and me will work as a team. When a zombie comes at us, I machete the head off, you pop the end of a pickaxe in the fvcker's brain once the head hits the ground. It will be efficient, cause trying to pop one in the brain while they are ambulatory is the hard part. Stop and Pop - that's our new team slogan.

We won't waste a bullet on Crabjoe. Once the hoard starts eating his balls, we'll torch them in place with a flame thrower.

Then we'll go collect grubs for dinner. After z-day, insects will be a valuable food source.

Time to put on the man pants.
See, I am not the only one that my original statement made perfect sense to